The TAC modifier from the attackers room or
from the room of the target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Salten
msg tools
I´ve asked the question also in the KS Forum.
Here is Lindons answer

PING may change this but I believe it should be the room that the defenders are in (though PING may say take the worst of either, but this should do until PING give an official ruling).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with the worst of them. Thematically, if you shoot a gun in difficult surrounding, the worst of the obstacles along the whole route to the target would be the factor that make it the hardest. Or maybe you should sum them, as when shooting through multiple obstacles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
I would go with the worst of them. Thematically, if you shoot a gun in difficult surrounding, the worst of the obstacles along the whole route to the target would be the factor that make it the hardest. Or maybe you should sum them, as when shooting through multiple obstacles?

We aren't talking human eye here but cyber enhanced bodies and weapons, so just use the Targets TAC as I believe (and the rules hint at it) the TAC represents the cover/environment of the target room.

I have highlighted the relevant sentence :-

"Tactical Situation (TAC) – Every room on the board has its own tactical situation modifier that negatively affects Ranged Attack tests in the Real World phase. Simply subtract the modifier when making the test for a Ranged Attack. If you control the Terminal controlling the room in which the attack is being resolved then the TAC value is 0. This is due to the accumulation of objects that can serve as cover, as well as the amount of light. It is assumed that there is a camera security system in every room and hallway. The character that controls the Terminal also controls the associated cameras and thus gains an advantage as he knows exactly where the enemy is located and can communicate this to his Team over their Tactical Network. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good point. You shoot from the best possible position in the room you are in (ignoring TAC) and the target will use its surroundings and other conditions to their advantage (apply TAC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
Very good point. You shoot from the best possible position in the room you are in (ignoring TAC) and the target will use its surroundings and other conditions to their advantage (apply TAC).

Which is why gaining control of a Terminal controlling the Targets room is so important - you can ignore Target TAC. You are using the feeds to expose the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.