The dice make me think of Gears of War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno. But all this talking about the new edition resulted in me putting the first edition back on the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Dunno. But all this talking about the new edition resulted in me putting the first edition back on the table

You have just won the internet.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaahhh the revenant! But he is quite small...

where is my Baron of Hell? Or even the "normal" Hellknight? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just me or looks like a little number of miniatures? Maybe tons of "dlc" packs will be released. It's the new money sink way of working nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Wynants
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Dunno. But all this talking about the new edition resulted in me putting the first edition back on the table :)

My thoughts exactly! Although I should finish painting the minis first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Wynants
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mb
[EDIT: it seems that the publisher has confirmed there will be a total of 37 minis included in the game, of which 33 demons. Silly I missed that before writing this post]

Seems to me that in order to even remotely resemble the demonic onslaught faced in the video game, the board game would need a bare minimum of:
- three zombies
- three imps
- three possessed soldiers
- two cacodemons
- two pinkies
- two hellknights
- two revenants
- two mancubi
- two barons of hell
- two summoners
- one cyberdemon
- four marines

That's a bare-bones minimum of at least 26 minis, which I consider a personal threshold for buying the game.

Hell razers, lost souls and a spiderdemon mini would be nice to have as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first heard about the remake....I was so happy. Doom is one of my favorite games to bring out to the table.

But then I read about the new version and (sorry I don't like GoW much), and the whole card mechanic was a turn off. I like just the skills the characters get in the first Doom, and that is all.

But now after seeing the boring dice.....I'm out. Combat in Doom was an amazing balance of decision making and, well, luck too. It was always range vs damage, and what could possibly expend shots.

These dice make combat look like it is going to be....standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
Just me or looks like a little number of miniatures? Maybe tons of "dlc" packs will be released. It's the new money sink way of working nowadays.

I played this at GenCon... they just didn't put all the minis in the store display case, where this picture was taken (just enough to show them off...) They had the full set out at the demo tables.

It will come with a comparable amount or minis as Descent 2E or Imperial Assault core games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.