Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: I think I see somebody: Max Number of Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All.

What is the maximum number of heroes that are allowed on the board at one time? If all four heroes are still alive and fighting, can you use the Fate card "I think I see somebody" to bring in a fifth hero? My guess is that you should be able to do this, but there are only 4 player-action chips.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bradley
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those chits are for number of human players, not characters. So if playing solo, you use one. Even if 5 characters are on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The instructions in the "Game Setup" section say that if you are playing "solo co-op," which I am, I can "select up to 3 additional player action markers." That would make a total of 4 player action markers at the start of my solo co-op game.

So then, if I draw the "I Think I See Somebody" fate card, and I already have 4 heroes on the board, do I get to place a 5th hero on the board AND get an additional player action for the new, 5th hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bradley
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're just simulating having 3 friends sitting next to you. The represent players, not heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.