Subject: Shipping update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly don't get excited , I received a promotional email today from Academy games for Gencon 2016 telling me how they will be demoing and selling Mare Nostrum at the convention.

At the very bottom of the page I found this useless shipping update that tells us absolute nothing.

Mare Nostrum Shipping Update: All addresses have been updated and the process is underway to get these out to our supporters in Europe. For our supporters in South America, we are diligently working on a way to ship these games directly to you so as to avoid your having to pay import taxes. We understand how expensive that can be to you and appreciate your patience in this matter. We truly appreciate your generous support of our 'Mare Nostrum - Empires' Kickstarter campaign and apologize for the long wait for your reward. We are implementing crucial changes in our procedures and improvements to our systems, in order to prevent such delays, in the future.

Why do Academy games refuse to update their backers with any information?

They don't answer any questions on the forum and completely ignore any questions from the backers on the Kickstarter page , this strikes me as absolute madness , I can't find one positive comment on the Kickstarter page.

Here are a few :

Terry Chang Superbacker 33 minutes ago
nothing appear in asutralia
what's going on?

MONI LOLA Superbacker about 1 hour ago
I'm very very dissapointed with this project. I'm spaniard and i know nothing about where is my game. Is it done?? When would i receive it??? No news for us. I think you should do something about that too. The game will be in stores august 10 and i don't know when i will receive mine( or if i will receive it )

フオルタん マール about 1 hour ago
When will you send giant map for european country ?

Troels Petersen about 2 hours ago
The right thing would be to give us an update - even if there is no news. Just leaving us dead in the water is not nice,

Teowulff Superbacker about 2 hours ago
So the boat with English copies for Europe (CMA CGM AQUILA) has arrived in Hamburg on wednesday july 20 (two weeks ago) and is already on its way back to Asia.
I wonder how long it takes to get the games through customs and to the backers now?

leonardo a balbi about 2 hours ago
No news for Brazilian´s orders ? Thanks

Karinsky about 9 hours ago
Just like in Fief 1429... xD
I think that AG's motto should be (with permission from BSG): "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

Amarice about 9 hours ago
All they have to say is... everything will be better... they will do better... "in the future".

stastlivec about 10 hours ago
I wonder if AG still bother to read these comments, now that the games are about to "hit the stores".:-)
Come on, AG, show your backers some interest. If you have anything to say...

Francesco Gasparetti about 10 hours ago
"EARLY DELIVERY
If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!"
Great campaign. never more.

Mike Clover Superbacker about 13 hours ago
But all would be forgiven in an instant if either:
Our games suddenly arrived. Or...
Academy Games got on here and gave us a clear answer from them and not via a third party source.

Mike Clover Superbacker about 13 hours ago
In a way, it would be fairer - not financially sound - but fairer, if Academy deferred placing games into shops until after backers received their games. At the very least the English language versions. How one distributor can get sending the games out to backers so wrong, while they can get sending to retailers right staggers me.
Unless - they know something we don't /:1

Troy Newhoff Superbacker about 19 hours ago
Ok so there's a copy of Mare Nostrum Empires o. eBay with the provincial tokens and war and peace markers yet we don't have ours???
What gives???

Ilja Massalov about 22 hours ago
I think we shouldn't expect anything until 3rd week of August. I'm hoping it will come before 19th cause then I can take it to the summer camp/convention. The waiting is killing me (EU English)
And yeah, managing of this Kickstarter is one of the worst I have experienced (alongside Viceroy... but this one is close to being THE worst)

Ian Sanderson 1 day ago
Uk Backer when can I expect delivery we have not had an update for a Month

Alex 1 day ago
still didnt got the game, im in montreal....

Eleanor Palmer 1 day ago
@Linus - thanks, that's about what I expect as well. It'd be nice if we could get some actual updates so we weren't having to guess, though!

Eleanor Palmer 1 day ago
@Richard - it'd be nice if they'd actually send that out to the backers, wouldn't it

Linus Hoglund 1 day ago
@Eleanor Palmer, next week is probably just a wish. But in 2-3 weeks is more likely

Richard 1 day ago
It's annoying, it clearly says in the campaign we will receive our games several weeks before anyone else, I will be most annoyed if I turn up to my local games club to see a copy on the table.

Eleanor Palmer 1 day ago
Anyone got any idea when UK backers can expect to receive the game? I've given up expecting anything resembling an update from Uwe and co. Extremely frustrating.

Jedra7609 Superbacker 1 day ago
Academy Games are very busy on Social Media at the moment - it would be nice if they popped in here with an update. They have ignored my request for info on Facebook!

Richard 1 day ago
Well the game goes into retail outlets on the 10th August, meaning that we won't be receiving our games several weeks before anyone else.... I do think an update at this point is the decent thing to do, even if it's just to say, we messed up! but your games are on the way.

Kevin Leirens Superbacker 1 day ago
@Linus I am also from Europe. Didn't receive anything neither. Also waiting for shipping update. Guess shipment will be

Linus Hoglund 2 days ago
@Andrew McGregor so another 2 weeks then.

張仁哲 2 days ago
Still nothing in Asia/Taiwan
Missing avatar
Leon Lin 2 days ago
Any update for the english version in Canada, last post was SOON, just wonder how soon.

Amarice 2 days ago
Update is steady: "we are enjoying the game and ready to launch next KS".

Jens Verwaest 2 days ago
Any update from Uwe would be appreciated. It's been almost a month and all European backers are left in the dark.

Douglas Gloag 2 days ago
Well - my three games and North Sea Runesaga have all arrived and yet NOTHING from Academy Games! Relieved to see it's not just me then!! An announcement would be the natural course of action SURELY!

Michal Pavera 3 days ago
How long it will take to ship it? It still was not delivered, i ordered English version to Czech Republic but since last update nothing happend. And one more complain about Academy Games support. In last update is written that if I want some add on I did not ordered before I should simply write them email. So I did it but again from my first email 3 weeks ago nothing happend again.

Linus Hoglund 3 days ago
True that. I think they change delivery date atleast 5 times. And still nothing. 'I've Payed almost 200 € for this game. It bette be worth it.

Briggsy Superbacker 3 days ago
I hate being right

Webs 3 days ago
When shipment SHOULD have begun unfortunately means absolutely nothing in this campaign.

Artur Krupin 3 days ago
Nothing for UK.. still.

Academy games can't you sense a little frustration in the backers that made this game possible....
This makes no business sense to ignore everyone , what happens when you go to make another Kickstarter campaign with all this negativity?

Already retailers have announced that the game will be available on August 10th and half the backers of the game have no idea when they will receive their copy , for Christ sake give us some tangible news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Brown
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This just showed up in my inbox:

Project Update #39: Mare Nostrum - Empires by Uwe Eickert

Today 5:52 PM

Kickstarter

Mare Nostrum - Europe, Canada, and other country shipments
Posted by Uwe Eickert (Creator)
I hope everyone's summer is going well! Or winter for those of you in the south.
Conventions
We just returned from the World Boardgaming Championships in Seven Springs, PA. We met people from all over the world and it is one of our favorite conventions. I highly recommend it, if your are contemplating attending it next year. The new convention center in the mountains of PA is breathtaking.
Today we are setting up our booths are GenCon in Indianapolis and hope to see many of you there. We have a large area in the board games section and then booths #1457.

Shipments
We have been very busy arranging shipments to our supporters outside of the USA. Unfortunately, many countries have recently enacted new duty and customs laws, that add quite a burden on our pledge supporters. For this reason, we have been negotiating agreements with many local distributors and businesses to import the games in pallet quantities and then ship them to the pledgers address directly. This way you may not have to pay any extra taxes! We take quite a hit on this, spending an extra $50-$60 in costs. For many, we actually lose quite a bit of money on your pledge. But in the future we will have these countries set up and hopefully orders will ship more smoothly. UNLESS the laws change again! Arghhh...

Canada
The pledges began shipping from Snakes and Lattes in Toronto yesterday and all should be sent by tomorrow! Snakes and Lattes is doing a terrific job.
Europe and the Middle East
All items have been received, including Guadalcanal and all game extras. The backer lists have been exported and HappyShops is in the process of importing the information to package and ship next week.

Brazil
We are finalizing negotiations with a local distributor to import the packaged pledges. If successful, we will wire them the money to pay for all customs costs. This will save you at least $50-$60 in import duties. Please contact us if you would instead like us to ship your game directly via USPS. You will be responsible for all duties.

New Zealand
The same goes for New Zealand. You will save all import duties and we are in the process of shipping the games via ocean freight to them.

Asia
We finally have received all address updates and will begin shipping the games from VFI in China next week.
I am sorry that many of you have had to wait, but am sure that you will be very satisfied with Mare Nostrum - Empires.

I wish you a very good week.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
My FLGS here in Iowa, USA will have copies of it tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snore

Never again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
My FLGS here in Iowa, USA will have copies of it tomorrow.

That's ..... painful ... snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, another thread complaining about Academy Games having no control over something they stated they would have no control over pretty clearly in the Kickstarter page?

Ok then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
So, another thread complaining about Academy Games having no control over something they stated they would have no control over pretty clearly in the Kickstarter page?

Ok then.

Could you please link or quote where they say they have no control over english copies of the game? I might have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone dares to bet that the English copies will all be delivered before sept 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

Ok then.

So another American guy defending the company that has run a terribly frustrating campaign for anyone other than living in the USA.

Ok then!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you about the frustrating campaign part but sheesh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your right , I take it back..

So another guy defending the company that has run a terribly frustrating campaign for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radir wrote:
Throknor wrote:

Ok then.

Could you please link or quote where they say they have no control over english copies of the game? I might have missed it.

Campaign Page-Risks and Challenges wrote:
Academy Games will attempt to answer all Kickstarter supporter questions. But language specific questions must be directed to our foreign language partners. They are 100% responsible for processing and shipping your language specific orders. Our non-English partners are all well established companies with excellent track records. However, Academy Games has NO control over our non-English partners and can take no responsibility for their order fulfillment.

I'm not unsympathetic, and obviously these "well established companies" didn't work out as well as they'd have wanted. But bitching about or to Academy Games doesn't accomplish much in a practical sense, unless it's along the lines of saying "Those companies you chose suck - don't use them again!" (In all likelihood they've already noted that.) But those are the companies that have the money and the product and are the ones that should be complained to.

The OP specifically called out Academy Games for not doing something they said they wouldn't be able to do and that just seems doubly pointless. Mind you, I would completely grant his point if he was just arguing the discrepancy in the English copy deliveries. But he went ahead and lumped other countries in to the complaint and that just muddles the issue; I saw the list of countries and said 'this again'. The complaints about English deliveries should be placed on their door; the others should not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Power
msg tools
shipping notice received, in Canada, excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor could you highlight where I'm talking about other countries in my OP.
Until the reply of the post below the one I originally made I had no idea what was going on with The English version of the game that was shipped to Europe let alone the rest of the world.

The comments made from backers from all over the world , I literally copy and pasted from the Kickstarter page to show The frustration in a hope to spur Academy games into giving us some news.

Whether the email from Academy games came as a coincidence or as a response at that particular time is anyone's guess but my mission to get some news has been forfilled finally.

I have backed many kickstarters in my time and know what to expect with delivery schedules, my whole point and has always been my point is why exact versions of the game , (English language version) have not been distributed at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say that even though I received my Mare Nostrum stuff weeks ago, I completely sympathize with those who haven't got theirs yet. It royally sucks. I know that shipping to other countries can be more complex and take extra time, but you also have to communicate that sort of thing, and I think that's been the biggest complaint I've heard from those who are waiting.

We're all so full of solidarity during the Kickstarter, don't fall off the cart and say, "Hey, I gots mine." Not cool. I hope everyone gets their games, and soon.

Incidentally Jason, what scene is your avatar from? He looks even more unhinged than usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ken , means a lot when someone actually understands the reason for the post rather than just jumps on your back to say quit complaining.

The avatar I believe is from a small film called The Smile Man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

I'm not unsympathetic, and obviously these "well established companies" didn't work out as well as they'd have wanted. But bitching about or to Academy Games doesn't accomplish much in a practical sense, unless it's along the lines of saying "Those companies you chose suck - don't use them again!" (In all likelihood they've already noted that.) But those are the companies that have the money and the product and are the ones that should be complained to.

The OP specifically called out Academy Games for not doing something they said they wouldn't be able to do and that just seems doubly pointless. Mind you, I would completely grant his point if he was just arguing the discrepancy in the English copy deliveries. But he went ahead and lumped other countries in to the complaint and that just muddles the issue; I saw the list of countries and said 'this again'. The complaints about English deliveries should be placed on their door; the others should not.

Well, I was talking about english copies of the game, but if you insist...

AG produces the game, foreign parterns should do the shipping. Is that ok until there?

Great, so, when AG finishes production of the games and handles the responsibility of the copies to other people, shouldn't backers get an update about that? I mean, I don't know, from no official source, if my game is printed at all. I complain about that.

I don't know why my copy of the game wasn't printed right after english/french copies of the game, but they waited 2 months to do it. I complain about that.

We are not getting any information about the process that is under the responsibility of AG. And it's been long enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:
Throknor could you highlight where I'm talking about other countries in my OP.

Jace_Ace wrote:
The comments made from backers from all over the world , I literally copy and pasted from the Kickstarter page to show The frustration in a hope to spur Academy games into giving us some news.

I will agree their communication is best rated as 'Poor'. I just want to make certain the blame for other countries lies on the other parties where it belongs; pulling in those quotes gave me the impression you thought they were to blame for those as well. I agree that they (Academy) dropped it with the English copies as they specifically said they would get them all out together, but they were up front that it was a multi-company venture to handle the other languages. I doubt they got more than a small royalty from any of the other language companies who haven't been held accountable as they should.

I apologize if I gave off a belligerent tone; but seeing blame placed where it shouldn't be is a pet peeve of mine. When I saw your quote list I jumped the gun to clarify - the screw-up with English is theirs; the other screw ups can be placed on other companies not living up to their expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who took my money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
I just want to make certain the blame for other countries lies on the other parties where it belongs

I beg to differ. That's not how it works.
Academy Games is the sole responsible party and Point of Contact. That they have split the jobs and let 3rd parties do a part of it is their business - the "contract" is still between AG and the KS backers.

You might as well say a president is not responsible for anything because he has other people that are supposed to fulfill his/her promises.
If he/she doesn't get the job done, well, it's the fault of the people in his/her government.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as another unhappy backer here in Canada. I generally have very low expectations of Kickstarters, but at the very least I prefer to get my game before it's available in retail.

I can now order this game from greatboardgames.ca online, yet have not received my game. Very poorly run shipping operation - future Academy Games backers beware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! The game has now shown up on Esdevium's distributor's list, scheduled to arrive in UK shops in the next week or three. And still no news on the copies for KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available to buy retail from boardgameguru according to their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does someone has news for New Zealand?
I wrote to Academy Games and to pm Uwe on KS but none of them answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.