Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Friendly fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Not sure about this one.

When rolling missed attacks dice with a ranged weapon, or magic, on a space with other survivors, do you count the afflicted wounds also based on the weapons damage and extra damage skills (Xuxa and Milo)? Eg one missed die = 3 potential wounds, by Xuxa if she used a damage 2 weapon and has +1 ranged damage? Or do you only count wounds to be as many as missed dice.

If the survivor then has defence armor, does it roll for each missed die or for each potential wound?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Pedersen
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
P. 34 in Rules Second Column.

Each friendly fire hit does the damage value of the weapon or spell.
So 3 wounds if Xuxa uses 2 damage bow with +1 ranged damage.

Armor rolls are allowed, successes cancelling friendly fire hits on a one-to-one basis. So roll one dice for each friendly fire hit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule Book p.34 wrote:
Armor rolls are allowed, successes cancelling Friendly Fire hits on a one-to-one basis . Each remaining Friendly Fire hit on the Survivor inflicts as many Wounds as the Damage value of the weapon (or Combat spell) used .

Just to clarify (primarily for myself ):
You're shot at with one str 3 Crossbow miss, you roll one die to prevent the whole thing, if you fail you get 3 wounds and are dead (exept you're tough).

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
correct
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Ok thank you. Then it seems that we played wrong. One more thing. Is a +1 damage skill always active or can it freely be ignored?. What if Im in a situation with Xuxa whith a 2 damage ranged weapon and shooting in a space with fatties and fellow survivors. As I dont need the 3 damage, am I able to only use the 2 damage from the weapon and ignore her + 1 ranged damage skill? That in order to mitigate potential damage if I miss
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall seeing a word from the devs saying that if you take multiple wounds from a single hit, you get multiple armor saves (one for each wound)

I think it was referring to the minotaur and the dwarven shield.

No idea where I saw it,but we give you 3 armor saves vs errant damage 3 shots.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
Rule Book p.34 wrote:
Armor rolls are allowed, successes cancelling Friendly Fire hits on a one-to-one basis . Each remaining Friendly Fire hit on the Survivor inflicts as many Wounds as the Damage value of the weapon (or Combat spell) used .

Just to clarify (primarily for myself :D):
You're shot at with one str 3 Crossbow miss, you roll one die to prevent the whole thing, if you fail you get 3 wounds and are dead (exept you're tough).



Don't think Tough would work.

"Tough – The Survivor ignores the first Wound he receives
from a single Zombie every Zombies’ Phase."

It's a player hurting you not a zombie.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
I seem to recall seeing a word from the devs saying that if you take multiple wounds from a single hit, you get multiple armor saves (one for each wound)

I think it was referring to the minotaur and the dwarven shield.

No idea where I saw it,but we give you 3 armor saves vs errant damage 3 shots.


Zombie hits work differently to Survivor hits. You need to roll one die per potential Wound with the Dwarven Shield situation as there might be wounds coming from both the Abominotaur and other Zombies too. There is no way to resolve this in a single roll otherwise.

The rules are clear on Survivor hits (i.e., misses). You roll the number of dice equal to the number of hits and the unblocked attacks do their full damage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Falseemp wrote:

Don't think Tough would work.

"Tough – The Survivor ignores the first Wound he receives
from a single Zombie every Zombies’ Phase."

It's a player hurting you not a zombie.


Good catch
Did not think that through^^
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy barnard
msg tools
One quick question I cant find an answer to. If you're using a ranged weapon/magic that has multiple dice and you are successful with at least 1 of them are the rest negated and ignored or do the rest of them count as misses for the sake of friendly fire? For example you are using the orcish crossbow as a ranged weapon and 1 survivor and 1 zombie is in the same zone. You roll the 2 dice one hits and one does not does it kill the zombie and hit the survivor both?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boxerdogg21 wrote:
One quick question I cant find an answer to. If you're using a ranged weapon/magic that has multiple dice and you are successful with at least 1 of them are the rest negated and ignored or do the rest of them count as misses for the sake of friendly fire? For example you are using the orcish crossbow as a ranged weapon and 1 survivor and 1 zombie is in the same zone. You roll the 2 dice one hits and one does not does it kill the zombie and hit the survivor both?

You always assign all hits and misses, even if you have more hits than necessary, but hits will only target Zombies.

So in your example with the Orcish Crossbow (2 dice, 2 damage):

If you rolled two hits, the Zombie will die and the second hit is ignored.

If you rolled a hit and a miss, the Zombie dies and the Survivor takes a two damage hit. If the Survivor has Armor, he gets to roll one die to attempt to negate the hit, taking no damage if successful.

If you rolled two misses, the Survivor is hit twice and takes two damage per hit, rolling two dice to attempt to negate hits if he has Armor.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy barnard
msg tools
Thanks that's how we have been playing it. Just wanted to make sure we were doing it the right/fair way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I have completely missed this rule when playing. Why does higher damage do multiple wounds to survivors and not to zombies? Seems a bit odd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I have completely missed this rule when playing. Why does higher damage do multiple wounds to survivors and not to zombies? Seems a bit odd.

It does do multiple wounds to Zombies, but Zombies absorb hits when the hit does not do enough damage to kill the Zombie. Any number of 1-damage hits will have no effect on a Fatty, but a single 2-damage hit will kill it.

Is it really odd that a weapon that has enough power to kill a Fatty is going to do more damage to a Survivor than a weaker weapon that would bounce off the Fatty's thick hide?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.