Subject: Shipping Problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not impressed with the shipping (Ship Naked box). The bottom of my game box is pushed in and the playmat was wrapped around the game box, which caused it lots of odd mashing. I am trying to flatten it out now.

A bit more thought would have helped avoid these problems..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this is not the first complaint that I have heard about Ship Naked. When sending out Epic Card Game, they used shipping tape to glue together 3 (maybe more) copies of the game each with a mountain of stretch goals (thank god that each item was shrink wrapped) and the resulting bundle thrown in a padded mailer. I am a state away and even mine ended up with dented corners on several of the boxes.

As far as I can tell, they are in business mainly because they can guarantee a price for world wide shipping with all taxes and customs fees included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Sadly, this is not the first complaint that I have heard about Ship Naked. When sending out Epic Card Game, they used shipping tape to glue together 3 (maybe more) copies of the game each with a mountain of stretch goals (thank god that each item was shrink wrapped) and the resulting bundle thrown in a padded mailer. I am a state away and even mine ended up with dented corners on several of the boxes.

As far as I can tell, they are in business mainly because they can guarantee a price for world wide shipping with all taxes and customs fees included.

The shipping box did not seem damaged, so this push inward is more annoying since the box didn't get damaged.

I don't expect to worry about it much though, I just have to make a new insert to hold sleeved cards. It is about 2mm too short in card space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
I am not impressed with the shipping (Ship Naked box). The bottom of my game box is pushed in and the playmat was wrapped around the game box, which caused it lots of odd mashing. I am trying to flatten it out now.

A bit more thought would have helped avoid these problems..

After 24 hours of flattening with a few heavy games on top - my playmat looks completely fine after starting life as a piece of useless material with lots of bends and dinks and creases.

So, no worries here in the end. In fairness to Ship Naked, they have great customer service, comms and engagement - so a little surprised that the packaging is not thought out as well.

Anyhow, better go and play the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:
After 24 hours of flattening with a few heavy games on top - my playmat looks completely fine after starting life as a piece of useless material with lots of bends and dinks and creases.

How did you get the creases out? Mine is basically flat now, but several creases are now indented in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry dude - just saw this. Well, in my case, I had indented creases when I came down in the morning to check if the heavy games had done their job.

So, I turned the mat upside down and put the heavy games on top of the crease areas (in the middle of the weight/boxes) and stacked up 4-5 of my heaviest games.

Came back from work and - apart from the wife thinking I had bought several new games - the scene in the kitchen was good. Creases pretty much gone.

Fingers crossed for you, fella.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.