$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Targeting the investigator with the lowest...... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
When the app asks me to target the investigator with the lowest strength or highest horror what happens in a tie? I does not seem to cover this in the rules, although I am sure I could of missed it.

I am assuming that in a tie situation all of the tied investigators are affected.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
I am assuming that in a tie situation all of the tied investigators are affected.
Impossible, movement instructions also can have ties like this, so "both" is not a consistently usable tiebreaker (what you gonna do, clone the monster Zombicide style?).

Can't find any instructions either, meanwhile I am assuming group decides (because who else. Works for Eldritch).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
When the app asks me to target the investigator with the lowest strength or highest horror what happens in a tie? I does not seem to cover this in the rules, although I am sure I could of missed it.

I am assuming that in a tie situation all of the tied investigators are affected.


I believe this is what covers it:

9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
When the app asks me to target the investigator with the lowest strength or highest horror what happens in a tie? I does not seem to cover this in the rules, although I am sure I could of missed it.

I am assuming that in a tie situation all of the tied investigators are affected.


I believe this is what covers it:



Thanks for the answer. I am not sure I would call this a conflict, just a tie. I did read this section but felt it didn't apply to the situation. I am most probably wrong.

You seem to be suggesting to choose who it targets? Correct me if I have misunderstood you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Wow that is glaringly obvious, yes. Thought I was going insane for a moment, but my downloaded Rules Reference doesn't seem to have this passage.

Edit: derp, it's not alphabetically under C but up front by the golden rules and terminology etc where one would infact expect it to be, I just didn't scroll enough. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:


Thanks for the answer. I am not sure I would call this a conflict, just a tie. I did read this section but felt it didn't apply to the situation. I am most probably wrong.

You seem to be suggesting to choose who it targets? Correct me if I have misunderstood you.


If this was a line of code being executed, having two legitimate targets for an effect would thrown an error, hence "conflict." Though I see your meaning, this seems to be literally what the first bullet point is addressing.

I'm on my phone else I'd say more, but -- yes -- I believe you get to decide.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In such cases, the investigators decide who the target is from the valid choices. This effect has only one target because it mentions "the invesitgator". Monster attacks and mythos effects that target multiple investigators will say something like "Each investigator in the Lounge..." or "All investigators...".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
When the app asks me to target the investigator with the lowest strength or highest horror what happens in a tie?
More than one possible outcome, and you do not know which to choose?
Reference guide wrote:
It is possible for a game effect to have more than one possible outcome. In such a case, investigators as a group determine the outcome of that effect.
In case of a tie, the group decides.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.