Subject: Best Fitting Sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The gray FFG sleeves are a bit big on all sides for the cards. Do any other quality sleeves fit better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sleeved the corp once per turn power cards (using them as dividers) in KMC Perfect Size sleeves (89x64 mm). The fit seemed fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
I have sleeved the corp once per turn power cards (using them as dividers) in KMC Perfect Size sleeves (89x64 mm). The fit seemed fine.

Google tells me that FFG sleeves are a bit narrower and I see some slack on the sides (a tiny bit) and on the top (a 1/4 inch most likely).

I guess I will just live with these and make my own insert with foam core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I am ordering the KMG sleeves to see if they are just a bit shorter. Then I can use the insert without having to make one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd 100% recommend KMC Perfect Size Sleeves.

They are usually used by players to double-protect rare cards, but I use them for most games in my collection and they're awesome. They are great quality but best of all, don't take up much room so often fit inside the original boxes. Oh and they are fab for mash-shuffling too. Smooth as silk.

In terms of Brass Empire, I've sleeved all the cards (including Kickstarter extras) and they fit in fine. This is how I do it using the insert tray:

2 x slots each for the large buying decks on their sides (employees and units/buildings)

1 x slot for the set up cards for up to 5 players lying flat down

1 x slot for the 5 faction-specific mini decks lying flat down

1 x slot with a couple of other cards (solo boss, etc)

Plenty of room for more expansions (hint hint Mike!) and all cards sleeved.

Hope that helps. Ta, Steve

PS: For reference, I love KMC's other Hyper Mat sleeves in other games where there is more space to store. They are absolutely amazing. Perfect for mash shuffling, great colours and superb quality. Pricey stuff but when I want to bling out a special game in my collection, I call for the KMC Hyper Mat sleeves every time. Always get fantastic comments from other players on the cards - but still confident enough to tell the wife how much they are actually costing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I noted this in the other thread talking about sleeves: I recall those sleeves being the same size as the FFG sleeves I already checked, at least according to the listing on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
I noted this in the other thread talking about sleeves: I recall those sleeves being the same size as the FFG sleeves I already checked, at least according to the listing on Amazon.

Hola. I've quickly added my thoughts here: STORAGE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.