Popular Tags: [View All]
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a trail card - do you draw a new one?

Rules don't really say. I can see both ways. I know you draw one if you can't play one... But should you always have 5 in your hand at the end of your turn? Or you only draw until you are out or can't play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CP Face
msg tools
I've been playing that you don't draw unless you have nothing to play, and you can't play until your next turn even if you drew a card you could play. This always keeps your choice of trail cards to use very strictly limited, which I think is kind of the point; the computer game has a very linear trail to follow, with only very occasional choice over which direction to take next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jodie Kopchak
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
Since the rules weren't clear, we played both variations last night. Not drawing one until you're out of cards definitely felt more like you were playing the original computer game. I think we're sticking with that going forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Slaven
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time the rules say to draw a trail card is when you can't play a supply card or trail card (rule #15).

The rules are written in a very terse "do exactly what it says and nothing more" way that's hard to get used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rupert
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pressman has said that when you run out of cards you draw five new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.