Subject: Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm already planning how I want to store these cards. With LOTR LCG, I naively bought a Go7 Gaming insert and outgrew it. I realized that, unlike other games, one insert wouldn't solve my needs. I needed a more permanent solution, but then I stopped collecting LOTR expansions because a friend was and I was playing his copy.

So now I'm considering how I want to store these cards. I may actually subscribe to CSI for the packs and I want to make sure I have my solution figured out before they start pouring in.

I'm thinking of going with 400 count card storage boxes for the cyles (6 decks @ 60 cards each) and then four 200 count boxes for the two core sets I plan on getting (about 100+ cards per sphere x 4 spheres). I'll probably print some artwork and glue to the top of each box.

I did some research on the subject by searching "storage" in the LOTR LCG forums and there are 20 pages. Ai carumba!

Suggestions welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with this one and loving it

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/trading-card/trading-card-box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spamman5r
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to use card storage boxes for my LCGs and use penny sleeves on everything. I've since moved on to using binders and 9 page sleeves for cards. It really helps you find what you're looking for as long as you think of a future-save way to sort the pages!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franklin
msg tools
spamman5r wrote:
I used to use card storage boxes for my LCGs and use penny sleeves on everything. I've since moved on to using binders and 9 page sleeves for cards. It really helps you find what you're looking for as long as you think of a future-save way to sort the pages!

Binders for me too, I find it easier to store and organize and when you want to change up a deck easy to find the cards you need. Maybe slightly less space efficient but it's worth it for accessibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thridi wrote:
spamman5r wrote:

Binders for me too, I find it easier to store and organize and when you want to change up a deck easy to find the cards you need. Maybe slightly less space efficient but it's worth it for accessibility.

Except fitting three cards per slot stretches them out then they slide everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Except fitting three cards per slot stretches them out then they slide everywhere.
Well, for the Arham Horror LCG, there'll be a maximum of 2 copies for each card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

That one looks pretty neat!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Will
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really happy with the Broken Token organizer for the Wooden Artist's Case. I own three. Each holds more than 5,000 unsleeved cards (around half that number for sleeved--your sleeves may vary).

The price isn't cheap when you consider that you also must buy the Wooden Artist's Case from Hobby Lobby. But the Hobby Lobby case is super sturdy with a solid handle that can take the weight of all those cards. It's basically a wooden briefcase, so portability is excellent.

I use mine for LOTR LCG, Star Wars LCG, and Magic.

I can bring it to a tourney, set it on a table, unclasp the latches, and open the case to reveal all my cards, decks, tokens, dials, and rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Professor wrote:
I am really happy with the Broken Token organizer for the Wooden Artist's Case. I own three. Each holds more than 5,000 unsleeved cards (around half that number for sleeved--your sleeves may vary).

The price isn't cheap when you consider that you also must buy the Wooden Artist's Case from Hobby Lobby. But the Hobby Lobby case is super sturdy with a solid handle that can take the weight of all those cards. It's basically a wooden briefcase, so portability is excellent.

I can bring it to a tourney, set it on a table, unclasp the latches, and open the case to reveal all my cards, decks, tokens, dials, and rule books.

MAJOR SPOILERS RULES!

Munchkinland Forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor wrote:

5,000 cards, you say? That's interesting. I'm either going to do the cheap cardboard storage boxes or this. Let's do the math.

Core: 2 sets @ 226 cards each = 452 for 2 core sets
Cycle: 60 cards per pack x 6 packs = 360 per cycle

452 for 2 cores
4320 for 12 cycles
------------------
4772 in the case

Very expensive, but at least it looks like a permanent solution for me. In fact, it may be overkill depending on how many cycles I actually pursue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Will
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:

MAJOR SPOILERS RULES!

Munchkinland Forever!

Wow! It sure is nice to be appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Will
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:

5,000 cards, you say? That's interesting. I'm either going to do the cheap cardboard storage boxes or this. Let's do the math.

Core: 2 sets @ 226 cards each = 452 for 2 core sets
Cycle: 60 cards per pack x 6 packs = 360 per cycle

452 for 2 cores
4320 for 12 cycles
------------------
4772 in the case

Very expensive, but at least it looks like a permanent solution for me. In fact, it may be overkill depending on how many cycles I actually pursue.

Check the Broken Token web site for a solid card count, and the bag of chaos tokens will probably eat up quite a bit of the card storage space. But I think you are right that this box will provide plenty of space.

And the wooden box is solid. I've been using mine for years, so if you find that a game isn't getting much play, you can shift those cards into long-term cardboard storage, and you still have an excellent case for whatever cards you prefer at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor wrote:

And if you want they're even great to paint. Here's mine I did for Legendary. I plan to do something similar for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Will
United States
Hays
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
And if you want they're even great to paint.

Brad--

That looks awesome. How did you prep the surface for paint?

--Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.