Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These questions pertain to the advanced game

1. Can you still go back to and stop on the starting space regardless of who is there and who has how much equipment / gold?

2. If I had a canoe could I canoe through the start space regardless of who was on the space and how much equipment / gold they currently had.

3. If I can go back the start space and end with equipment / gold in my possession, along with another player, would they effectively steal everything that I carried there on their turn?

4. What constitutes being "alone" on the start space. Does being with equipment count as being alone? Could I stay on the start space and build up multiple equipment tokens, turn after turn?

5. Can you "drop" equipment on any space along your path? Or does "dropping" equipment mean leaving it on the space you started from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. The other player would steal everything if they moved their token away from the start space on their turn.

4. "Alone" means without there being any other player. Yes, you can remain on the start space to collect additional equipment.

5. You can leave behind any number of equipment tokens on the space from which you start on a turn, when you move your player token at the end of your turn. During your turn you can also use one equipment token on any space along your path, but you cannot just drop it without employing its effect.

It is possible for players to make in-game swaps by dropping equipment behind them on their turns and stopping to pick up the tokens left by the other player. For example, in a multiplayer game, say Rocky has a rope token, but Rocky's path of progress is blocked by a bear, beyond which is a space with a cave. Sunny has a picnic basket, but Sunny's path ahead features a mountain, and then a bridge which is blocked on the far side. Rocky could leave his rope behind on one turn, and then Sunny could drop her picnic basket and stop on the rope, after which Rocky could stop to take the picnic basket. Then each player could continue on their respective paths, each of which is naturally impassible to the other.

Players may agree to orchestrate such swaps in the game, but such agreements are non-binding.

Adios, amigo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.