Hide
10 Posts

Cards Against Humanity» Forums » General

Subject: Target Now Sells Cards Against Humanity! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dupont
msg tools
It has been recently discovered that you can now purchase Cards Against Humanity at your local Target! They sell the Base Set, EPs, booster packs, and even the BBB! And everything is at the latest version too.

Also, there is apparently a Retail Product pack with 20 new cards themed around being in a Retail Store. The pack is silver and comes with an instant $1 rebate, which is a dollar bill inside the pack. Card list is below

[BLACKS]
Wait, I came here to buy socks. How did I wind up with ________?
[WHITES]
The obscene amount of money Cards Against Humanity is making by selling this game at Target.®
Confusing possessions with accomplishments.
Getting eaten out in the family fitting room.
Crunchy snacks for my big flappy mouth.
Buying the right toothbrush cup for my lifestyle.Gender-neutral toys that make children feel no emotions whatsoever.
A framed photocopy of an oil painting of Paris, France.
An exclusive partnership with Taylor Swift.Buying and returning clothes just to have someone to talk to.
A Pringle.®
How fun it is to eat Pringles.®
A Pringles® can full of screams.
Blood Pringles.®
Shiny gadgets for sadness distraction.
Saving 20% or more on khakis.
An 800-foot-long pool noodle.
Refusing to go up a size.
Subsisting on tiny pizzas.
Extracting the maximum amount of money from naive consumers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
Nice find! I will be swinging by my local target tomorrow just to see if I can find that retail pack. Interestingly, that's not the same retail pack that CAH gave to brick and mortar stores who stocked the base game a couple of years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dupont
msg tools
Indeed. This Retail Product pack you have to by separately for $4. But like I said, it comes with a $1 bill instant rebate lol.

I have 2 Targets in my town, but I only went to one while they were stocking the shelves. The only had the EPs and Base Game out, but other reports indicate that Geek Pack, Fantasy Pack and others are also available to purchase. I found them near the board games right near the toys lol. Kind of dangerous to put them there but whatever lol. Locations of the cards might vary store to store of course.

There was no news about this, so I wonder if this deal they made with Target will be announced at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
msg tools
olivecrayon87 wrote:
Indeed. This Retail Product pack you have to by separately for $4. But like I said, it comes with a $1 bill instant rebate lol.

Got mine yesterday, thanks for the heads up! I paid with cash, so it was like I only paid $3.23! Hahaha

($4 for product, seven percent sales tax of $0.28, $0.05 discount for bringing my own bag, and then the $1 cash return)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
olivecrayon87 wrote:
It has been recently discovered that you can now purchase Cards Against Humanity at your local Target! They sell the Base Set, EPs, booster packs, and even the BBB! And everything is at the latest version too.

Also, there is apparently a Retail Product pack with 20 new cards themed around being in a Retail Store. The pack is silver and comes with an instant $1 rebate, which is a dollar bill inside the pack. Card list is below

[BLACKS]
Wait, I came here to buy socks. How did I wind up with ________?
[WHITES]
The obscene amount of money Cards Against Humanity is making by selling this game at Target.®
Confusing possessions with accomplishments.
Getting eaten out in the family fitting room.
Crunchy snacks for my big flappy mouth.
Buying the right toothbrush cup for my lifestyle.Gender-neutral toys that make children feel no emotions whatsoever.
A framed photocopy of an oil painting of Paris, France.
An exclusive partnership with Taylor Swift.Buying and returning clothes just to have someone to talk to.
A Pringle.®
How fun it is to eat Pringles.®
A Pringles® can full of screams.
Blood Pringles.®
Shiny gadgets for sadness distraction.
Saving 20% or more on khakis.
An 800-foot-long pool noodle.
Refusing to go up a size.
Subsisting on tiny pizzas.
Extracting the maximum amount of money from naive consumers.

Thanks for the list! What's the expansion symbol?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found it: it's a sack of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
I feel like they ran out of ideas by having like 5 cards devoted to Pringles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Machnowski
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
DementedKirby wrote:
I feel like they ran out of ideas by having like 5 cards devoted to Pringles.

agreed.

I am surprised not to see the retail promo cards in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hill
msg tools
So glad to see another company sell out and cut out the small brick and mortar game store. It is like the gaming industry wants us all to go out of business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamelinksmi wrote:
So glad to see another company sell out and cut out the small brick and mortar game store. It is like the gaming industry wants us all to go out of business.

You do realize that for a long time CAH was only available on Amazon, right? You don't get much bigger than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Baker
United States
CEDAR PARK
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially the FLGS that was CLAMORING for retail support, and all the ones buying the stock on amazon and selling it for a mark up...

I'm actually very disgusted with this company and their screwing over the small game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.