Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loki's Blessing and Zero Rage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loki's Blessing: If you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free.

Question:
If you are on zero rage but have reacted to a battle in a province and lost, can you still place a warrior in the province that the battle was just lost in?

The rules seem to state that you can't take any action (even for free) if you have zero rage, on your own turn. It doesn't specifically say you can't on another player's turn/as a reaction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guyblin wrote:
Loki's Blessing: If you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free.

Question:
If you are on zero rage but have reacted to a battle in a province and lost, can you still place a warrior in the province that the battle was just lost in?

The rules seem to state that you can't take any action (even for free) if you have zero rage, on your own turn. It doesn't specifically say you can't on another player's turn/as a reaction.

Yes; this invade isn't an "action" (you can only perform "actions" on your turn).

You can't perform an invade (or other) action on your turn when you have no rage, but you can still respond to call to arms, fight in a pillage, play battle cards, and use all special abilities that don't specifically say they have to be played as an action.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Action is a game term that specifically refers to the five types of Actions you can take during the Action phase described on pages 13-17 in the rulebook. All other game effects that trigger off of other players' Actions do not require you to have Rage left.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
Action is a game term that specifically refers to the five types of Actions you can take during the Action phase described on pages 13-17 in the rulebook. All other game effects that trigger off of other players' Actions do not require you to have Rage left.


Yeah, it's just that the card says you can "invade for free", and an invasion is an action isn't it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
guyblin wrote:
gert74 wrote:
Action is a game term that specifically refers to the five types of Actions you can take during the Action phase described on pages 13-17 in the rulebook. All other game effects that trigger off of other players' Actions do not require you to have Rage left.


Yeah, it's just that the card says you can "invade for free", and an invasion is an action isn't it?


You can use an Action to Invade, but Invading itself is separate from an Action.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
guyblin wrote:
gert74 wrote:
Action is a game term that specifically refers to the five types of Actions you can take during the Action phase described on pages 13-17 in the rulebook. All other game effects that trigger off of other players' Actions do not require you to have Rage left.


Yeah, it's just that the card says you can "invade for free", and an invasion is an action isn't it?


You can use an Action to Invade, but Invading itself is separate from an Action.


It is unfortunately not very clearly defined, but Invade is basically a game term that means "place a Figure that was not previously on the board" (as opposed to move which is to take a Figure from one Province and place it somewhere else).

The Invade Action is one way to trigger an Invasion. An Upgrade Action is another. And losing a Battle when you have Loki's Blessing is a third way. But the latter does not require an Action to trigger it, nor does it cost any Rage. Therefore you can always use it even if at 0 Rage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.