Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fruchey
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something, as it seems supply cards can be played from your hand just as easily as from the table. But if that's the case, why would you ever play one? To avoid playing a trail card event? If so, aren't you just prolonging the inevitable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To avoid dying. that would be the only reason I can think of. how can you play them from the table? you each have a hand of cards, and when someone gets a calamity that might kill them or the whole party, the following players either play trail cards to continue and ignore the calamity on the other player, or play needed supply cards to help overcome the calamity. there is no playing from the table as I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CP Face
msg tools
I believe that the only way to play a supply card is from a player's hand; I don't understand what playing a supply card "from the table" means in this context.

Basically, every player starts the game with a limited number of supplies. If a Calamity arises that can be solved with a Supply card, you can take your turn to play a Supply to avert the crisis. If the Calamity requires two cards to solve, you can provide one and the next player can supply another (since you can usually only play one supply per turn). If a Calamity leaves play, either by being solved or by being triggered by a time limit expiring, all of the Supply cards played against it are discarded back into the Shop. The only way to get cards back from the Shop is to trade two of your Supply cards or to collect it when you play a Fort or Town on the trail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fruchey
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, I forgot I posted this.

That makes sense. I guess I misunderstood the rules, which state that (I don't have the rules in front of me at the moment for an exact quote...) on your turn, you can play a trail card or a supply card. I interpreted this to mean you could choose to play a supply card to avoid playing a trail card. I was thinking of the context similar to Munchkin where you can't just play a new sword from your hand because you encountered a monster.

But if you can only play supply cards from your hand, that makes a little more sense I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.