Where Eagles Dare» Forums » General

Subject: Map Replacement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Henson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Since the good folks at MMP have not responded to any attempts to contact them about replacement parts for this game, I'm turning to the gaming community for help. I have laminated all my WED maps, and kept them stored under a bed. My new puppy, got under the bed and had a good time chewing the corner off of my Uden map.

What I need is for someone to scan in the SE corner of their Uden map, from 86.125 to 92.114 to 05.121, and send it to me as a .pdf. I'll be able to print it out here and laminate to match the original map. With careful excision, I'll be able to slip the replacement corner under the original map, tape it down and have a playable surface again.

Any takers out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a nice, hi-res image of the maps in the VASSAL module core assets for the taking. Just turn the module file extension to .zip and then open it up. Maps are in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Henson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I don't think the colors will match well. A 600dpi scan would be virtually indistinguishable from the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckhenson wrote:
I don't think the colors will match well. A 600dpi scan would be virtually indistinguishable from the original.

I think it depends on who is doing the scanning.

I'll see what I can do. I have an 8.5" x 11" flatbed scanner but do not know how flat that section will sit on the bed.

Worth a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.