Subject: Initiative During Combat (Multiplayer) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
The Comprehensive Rules wrote:
4.4.3 The attacking player may play an event, use an ability, or pass initiative. The player may
play events and/or use abilities as many times as they wish. If they have nothing to play, they
must pass initiative.
4.4.4 The defending player may play an event, use an ability, or pass initiative. The player may
play events and/or use abilities as many times as they wish. If they have nothing to play, they
must pass initiative.
4.4.5 If the defending player played an event or ability, return to step 4.4.3.

In reading the Comprehensive Rules, I came across the battle phase. In a multiplayer game, is it only the attacking and defending player who can play cards and powers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commodore vendari wrote:
4.4.3 The attacking player may play an event, use an ability, or pass initiative. The player may
must pass initiative.
4.4.4 The defending player may play an event, use an ability, or pass initiative. The player may
must pass initiative.

In reading the Comprehensive Rules, I came across the battle phase. In a multiplayer game, is it only the attacking and defending player who can play cards and powers?

I think that WWG employees have said before that only the attacker and defender can play events and abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
commodore vendari wrote:
must pass initiative.
must pass initiative.

I think that WWG employees have said before that only the attacker and defender can play events and abilities.

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But triggered ones are still executed for any player, right? Like the Warrior Golem or Wolf's Call for example..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
But triggered ones are still executed for any player, right? Like the Warrior Golem or Wolf's Call for example..?

Yes, your triggers still happen (I assume that you meant Wolf Companion and not Wolf's Call).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I misnamed that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can play events and powers starting with the one who attacks and goes clockwise.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1440345/multi-player-can-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.