BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Creator Involvement Policy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talen Lee
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
So I have made a game or two recently, published through DriveThruCards, no big deal - and then I learned some of them are here, on BoardGameGeek. Not a lot of detail or information, just seeming scrapes from the website a few months back.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a rule/policy on creators editing/augmenting/touching the pages that relate to our work. Should I leave it all the heckie alone and let Geeks handle it naturally? I couldn't find the set of rules for this, and I don't want to do anything wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some entries are entered by the designer or publisher so you are ok to edit and correct as, well, you ARE the designer and, one would hope, knows the game the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Description Guidelines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome to supply more information on your games. Just keep in mind that the description are not supposed to be advertisements for your game. The Game Description Guidelines that Walt linked to will give you a good idea of what you can and cannot do with the description.

When making forum posts about your game, or when rating them, it's generally a good idea to make yourself known as the game's designer. I've given you a game designer badge to make that a bit easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The description and Community Wiki are directly editable by users. If there is information in the header that you would like to correct or add to, there is an Edit button in the upper right corner of the page. You can make the changes, and they will be reviewed by admins. It is helpful to include admin notes, such as mentioning that you're the designer, and a weblink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
The description and Community Wiki are directly editable by users. If there is information in the header that you would like to correct or add to, there is an Edit button in the upper right corner of the page. You can make the changes, and they will be reviewed by admins. It is helpful to include admin notes, such as mentioning that you're the designer, and a weblink.

To clarify, perhaps unnecessarily, "Admin Notes" is a section of the edit request: you do not "sign" and link yourself in the game description itself; that's handled by the game page attributing you as the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.