Subject: Been a Good Run, Y'all! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: this_is_my_blog,_right? [+] [View All]
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, GenCon opens up in under 12 hours from now, which means a mad dash for the Plaid Hat Games booth to purchase and shred open this amazing (I hope) game. I suppose this is the time for many of us to say adieu to these message boards. Just too tempting to see spoilers and what not. I'll be creeping around a little bit, but mostly, I intend to steer clear just in case some crazy people decide to post something I didn't want to know.

Thanks for all the speculatory fun, everybody! It's been a fun time as we've awaited this release, and I'm looking forward to popping back in to hear thoughts after I've completed my playthrough with my game group (in like...two months?). Happy sailing, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On behalf of all of us waiting for our pre-orders...we hate you.

Err, I mean good gaming and happy sailing, you lucky such-and-such!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good call. TIme for me to disappear for a little while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
On behalf of all of us waiting for our pre-orders...we hate you.

Err, I mean good gaming and happy sailing, you lucky such-and-such!

You misunderstood (and I wrote poorly). I am not anywhere near GenCon at the moment, and will be impatiently waiting with you and many others. I'm just saying that I'll be away from the boards for the time being because OTHERS will have their mitts on it, haha. Those lucky such-and-suchs. =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, that's different then. Mock-hate removed.

I'm not ready to vacate the premises yet. BUT my hatred of anyone who fails to use SPOILER tags when appropriate will not be feigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
BUT my hatred of anyone who fails to use SPOILER tags when appropriate will not be feigned.

x1000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Same! Time to unsubscribe. It's been nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Seems like only VIGs will be getting copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard from my friend at Gencon. All copies were taken by VIGs; they were sold out a half hour before the doors opened. *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With only 140 copies or so, I can't say I'm surprised.

Also, for anyone who has the opportunity to watch, BGG should be live streaming a SeaFall bit in just a little bit. No word on whether the video will need spoiler tags...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sousa
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what's a copy going for on Ebay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one copy so far, with a couple of days left. Bidding is at $61, and it comes with a promo die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Wondering what the promo die is...I'd never buy a copy on eBay of this (it's kind of a jerk move), but curious if it's just an extra die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the live stream, Rob said that he was waiting for Colby to confirm, but it sounds like the rest of the games might not even be on the boat yet. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
FYI, regarding the "promo die" that that eBay scalper is claiming:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Classicsmiley wrote:
On the live stream, Rob said that he was waiting for Colby to confirm, but it sounds like the rest of the games might not even be on the boat yet. soblue

I think he actually said they were being loaded onto the boats now. His 6-8 weeks estimate ended with "retail," so PHG pre-orders should be quicker. But I'm sure they are still confirming all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kpishnery wrote:
FYI, regarding the "promo die" that that eBay scalper is claiming:

You know what that means, right? They probably opened copies to scrounge out the dice to hand out as replacements! That means there COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER ~10 COPIES AVAILABLE! cry

Then again, that only means they would have sold out 25 minutes before the doors opened instead of 30...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although I have been lurking around less than I was a week ago, I've still been following the Gen Con related stuff. I find it odd that there is not a single unboxing video to be found, yet. Sure there are only 150 copies out in the world...but you would expect one of those people to talk about it, at least. Curiouser and curiouser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my friend managed to snag a copy... were going to have two when they come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
much0gust0 wrote:
Although I have been lurking around less than I was a week ago, I've still been following the Gen Con related stuff. I find it odd that there is not a single unboxing video to be found, yet. Sure there are only 150 copies out in the world...but you would expect one of those people to talk about it, at least. Curiouser and curiouser.

They have to get home from GenCon first. Expect them later in the week.

(No, I doubt anyone is desperate enough to do an unboxing in their hotel room, I'd want to savour that shit and so would a VIG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Or ship them to the people they sold them to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
Becq wrote:
Just heard from my friend at Gencon. All copies were taken by VIGs; they were sold out a half hour before the doors opened. *sigh*

Not all copies. I was in line at the start right after the Running of the Nerds and was still about 20 people ahead of me. They said it was sold out as soon as we got in line. While we waited in line they checked throughout the line looking for any ViG's there to get the game. Apparently there was some missing, because as I got near the end it turns out there were a handful left. I got the 2nd to last copy of Seafall (not ViG). Guy behind me took the last one (also not ViG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so i gotta know ... whats a VIG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
so i gotta know ... whats a VIG

Very Important Gamer, a $400 GenCon membership that gives you your own private hospitality suite in the convention center, a number of event perks, but most importantly you get to enter the dealers' hall an hour early so you can buy quantity-limited releases before the doors even open, so you can flip board games on eBay at rather inflated prices to people who don't mind paying those prices, to cover the $400 badge you just bought. shake

Most notoriously happened during the 2014(?) Netrunner release when FFG hadn't decided to limit per-person purchases yet and the game sold out in 10 minutes, and a good portion of the supply wasn't even there by the time the doors opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try $600 ($550 for renewals) according to Gencon's site:

http://www.gencon.com/attend/vig

Gencon's a business, and it exists to make money (at least now), and I understand that. I have no problem with the lounge, and the blocked out rooms, and perks like that. But selling the ability to buy out limited availability games before the dealer's room opens (in many cases, so that those same games can be ebay'd for profit) -- I have to say that concept bugs me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.