Epic Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Tower of Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
The format is simple: shuffle a set of EPIC cards together and deal 5 cards to each player, then set the rest of the stack in the middle as a communal draw deck.

Players draw all of their cards from this communal stack. Once a player has drawn a card, that player becomes it's owner until the card is banished or otherwise returned to the deck. Players will have their own hand, discard pile, and board state.

1 set for up to 4 players, 2 for up to 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see that this variant removes the "draw out your deck" win condition. Otherwise, I can't see any effective differences between this and randomly dealing 30 to each, unless I'm missing something. I'd be wary of removing the "draw out" win condition - with two cautious players, a game could go on for a very long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right with this. Maybe it would be wise to simulate such limitation by setting the card count to 30 per player and put an end to play by drawing out the tower. However additional win condition would be needed in that case - maybe something like:
1) player with the most kills wins
2) player with the most health wins
3) player with the most cards on hand wins
4) player with the most champions in play wins
5) otherwise the active player wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
30 cards per player sounds fair. As for alternate win condition, most health seems to be the most fair, followed by most champions in play, then simply calling it a draw should two or more players still be tied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that 'Most champions' condition can be abused by several good cards (Secret Legion, Rabble Rouser etc).. Still there are counters to it of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm with graylag. This isn't a variant. It's just "Random 30" with a deck that is harder for everyone to reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.