R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule states -
Quote:
The following ships suffer only a -25% penalty for firing into their bow or stern hexes:

Should the word into be change to the word from ?

Rule should read -

Quote:
The following ships suffer only a -25% penalty for firing from their bow or stern hexes:

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the rules in front of me, i suspect the rule is firing from... But what ships are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German BB01-BB17
German BC01-BC04
British BB00-BB10; BC01-BC05
US BB22-BB35 (stern only; -50% into bow hexes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At last i could read the rule. I want to make some consideratios. Most of the ships in the list have turrets mounted in wing positions, but fire from both turrets in the side (ahead or stern) was not often used, as hull was badly stresed when firing from both sides.

For the british ships named ( BB Dreadnought, Bellerophon class, St Vincent Class, Neptune and Colosus class, and BC Invincible and Indefatigable classes)i think is better to mantain the 50 % reduction for the above reason. And add also HMAS Australia to the list.

In the german ships (all except the Bayern class), the older BB (Nassau and Ostfiesland classes), have 4 turrets in wing position, and again have the same hull stress problem (better 50 % reduction when firing ahead or after).

The two following german BB classes (Kaiser and König), they have 2 wing turrets but one superfiring after. For this ships apply 50 % reduction firing in bow, but only 25 % firing after.

And for the german BC, Von der Tann could have 50 % reduction firing bow/stern, and for the Moltke Class and Seydlitz 50 % bow and 25 % stern, again for the layout out of the turrets.

Finally, the US battleships (all classes from South Dakota to Pennsylvania) i can't understand why have the same reduction, because the layout of the turrets is different. In all american BB the turrets are mounted centerline and, in fact, the South Carolinas are the first BB with superimposed turrets (one bow, one stern). You could apply the following reductions when firing bow/ stern:

South Carolina class: 50 % bow, 50 % Stern

Delaware, Utah and New York classes: 50 % bow, 25 % stern (they have 3 turrets aft)

Arkansas Class: 50 % Bow, 25 % Stern (this ships have the larger number of main artillery turrets in any US batleships, with 4 turrets after, two firing superimposed).

And the last two classes Oklahoma and Pennsylvania, reduce 50 % bow and 50 % after. They ahev the same layout that the Sout Carolina.

I suspect more ships in the series colud have different reduction when firing bow or stern. And a lookout at the ship plant could help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this!

Quote:
I suspect more ships in the series colud have different reduction when firing bow or stern. And a lookout at the ship plant could help.

The log sheets from Fleet Action Imminent (FAI) can help with this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.