Hide
5 Posts

Odin's Ravens (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: removing card with loop , sliding slided cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tang tang tang
msg tools
1. Am I able to use loki card to remove a card with loop on it. If yes, what happen to the loop?

2. If a card is slide away from me , can I use the slide ability to slide back to original position? Or just is slide one space to me ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
1. This one is probably easier to answer with pictures (hopefully you can see them ok!)
The situation you're describing looks something like this:

In which case the white raven would move along the spaces in the following order:

You can remove a land card underneath the loop, in which case the ordering looks as follows:

However, you couldn't use the same card to remove the actual horizontal card that constitutes the loop itself.

2. Once a card has been slid, no further Loki cards can affect it (though it may be overlapped by other cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tan
msg tools
"2. Once a card has been slid, no further Loki cards can affect it"

there is an official FAQ in bgg front page that states...
FAQ
Only the 'rotate' action on the Loki cards can be used on a loop card, or a card which has been slid partially out of the path

This could mean that slid cards may be rotated, so there are Loki cards that can affect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tan
msg tools
In reply to the third picture, it is not possible to remove the terrain card that is part of an existing loop, only 'rotate' cards may affect it

Below is the reply from the game publisher:

Officially, if a card has been slid or is part of a loop (which will be visually obvious) then they can only be affected by the rotate card - they cannot be removed or swapped or slid.

That being said, if both players agree to it before the game, you're obviously free to suspend these rules - it's your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristhan wrote:
In reply to the third picture, it is not possible to remove the terrain card that is part of an existing loop, only 'rotate' cards may affect it

Below is the reply from the game publisher:

Officially, if a card has been slid or is part of a loop (which will be visually obvious) then they can only be affected by the rotate card - they cannot be removed or swapped or slid.

I'm not sure about this. Look at this example from rulebook...

It is clear that card 'under the loop' is affected by loki card other than rotate (has been slided).

So if it could be slided maybe it could be removed as well or swapped with other card.

Maybe only loop card (on top) cannot be affected by other loki card, what do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.