Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having this problem?

Let's say for the sake of argument that my plastic shields are 100 nanothingies thick. The notches in the shield damage tokens are only 95 manothingies thick. So when I go to slide one on, I have to deform the cardboard a bit to get it on at all. If I really wanted to slide them ALL the way on...well...I suspect I would destroy the token if I tried to do so.

None of the tokens that I have tried seem to work properly with any of my shields. They work "good enough" to play the game, but no better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Is anyone else having this problem?

They work "good enough" to play the game, but no better.

Yup, that's exactly the same issue I have. A couple of nanothingies wider would have been perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
Agreed. They don't fit. I clip them on only by the edge of the cut out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, same here. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation, everyone. I'm surprised I haven't noticed this in any of the reviews I have watched or read. Seems like the kind of thing that usually brings out strong criticism.

I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can enlarge the notches for a smoother experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Baccus

Tennessee
msg tools
Same here. If I can just barely get it on there enough that it will stay on, that is good enough. Shame they don't fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I'm experiencing the same issue. Even putting them on the shields just a tiny little bit warps the cardboard (no pun intended).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Jonsson
msg tools
Mine were like that, but pushing the tokens firmly onto the shields seemed to compress the inside of the slots enough that the next time I used them they fit much better. Note that this applies only to the blue tokens - the orange ones have thinner slots and go only on the hull sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I used an emery board to sand down the inside of the damage token. Now they fit perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Stewart
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Same here. We forced them on for the first couple games, but then I noticed they came off bent weirdly. I grabbed my trusty box cutter out and trimmed the slots by about 1/16th of an inch. Took about 5 minutes — problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this (yet), but I've played a few games on at least 3 separate copies. 1 of them had this same issue; the other 2 were fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GendoIkari_82 wrote:
I don't own this (yet), but I've played a few games on at least 3 separate copies. 1 of them had this same issue; the other 2 were fine.

Interesting. If those 2 owners didn't self-modify the tokens, I wonder if a second printing might have fixed the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.