Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Strategy

Subject: unfortunate march win by an OP(?) combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lorenzo sonzogni
Italy
flag msg tools
hi all, sorry for bad english.

Just a small preview, you could jump to the end if you are interest just of title's combo.

about group: 2 boardgame's veterans but which never played to pandemic before legacy (just 2 introductive as suggested)
and ours wifes (completely unskilled but smart enough)

jan was an easy win: we got dispatcher medic resercher and scientist with 3 of a color between resercher and scientist; so 1st cure was a joke, 2nd fast enough and when Coda broke out we just ignore it making a rush to the win.
we chose a positive mutation on red and a station on hong kong

on feb we keep the new caracter for scientisy cos we think that in a good match usually she find just 1 of the cure.. so she is just a "1card advantage pg" while the quarantine expert could help us a lot if coda go out of control.
we give a co worker relation to her with medic and it works quite well.

and here we are:

we give pilot to the dispatcher ad local connection to medic

we took the new caracter for resercher (i really love resercher skill so it was an hard choice) not only for his skill but for give to him a rival relation with the dispatcher pilot.

now we have 2 co-worker and 2 rival

the dispatcher could move everyone to everywhere with 2 moves and a card (direct fly+ charter fly)
so he could move a coworker where he need to change card with other one
doing this he gives a card to rival who regives him another one

direct fly+charter, rivarl discard 2 card (one trash one good for dispatcher) dispatcher recatch the one he needs discardind other 2 trash.

so for 3 moves an 3 cards we move 3 cards around where we need.

we just give dispacther and his rival to 2 player with double yellow in starting hand (Coda city)and we wait a couple of turn to understand who run for each color and everything is gonna be al right..

until a double epidemic draw made a disaster in asia (2 city in revolt and a scare)

no matter of bad luck we win anyway..
chosing 2 positive mutation on blue

i'm sure that the game will surprise me with new objective and dinamic, but i think it will be hard to renunce to this 2 player togheter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Thiltgen
United Kingdom
Enfield
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote, but I think you're playing incorrectly.

Relationships can only be made when you create a new character, which means choosing the character for the first time and giving him/her a name. If you already played the dispatcher and researcher in January, you can't give them a relationship between each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo sonzogni
Italy
flag msg tools
Yep my english fault.
We choice the new caracther of march, operation expert, putting resercher in bench, and we give Him the rival relation with dispatcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For later games, you will be tempted to use other characters for their abilities. Also, scars will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.