Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is currently a coupon active on Artscow to get 3 custom decks for just $18. This is an incredible deal (normal price would be $40-60, so I sped up finishing BTD v4 in order to take advantage of it.

Many thanks to Ernie for finding the coupon and bringing it to our attention!

Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, the coupon has expired.

------------------------------------

BTD v4 is available on Artscow:

Deck 1 of 3: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/battletech-domi...

Deck 2 of 3: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/battletech-domi...

Deck 3 of 3: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/battletech-domi...

OPTIONAL Deck 4: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/battletech-domi...

Use coupon code NINE25 to get all 3 decks for just $18, including S&H (expires Aug 10).

------------------------------------

BTD v4 features a redesigned card template, designed to display larger artwork and improve readability. I also did an audit of all of the artwork used on the cards and replaced all artwork for which I didn't have explicit permission from the artist. This meant that I replaced all of the old CCG art and officially licensed art. As a result, many cards have new artwork and were often renamed to match their new art, even though the card ability didn't change from previous versions ("Martial Law" is now "Zellbringen", for example).

Although the art audit and replacement creates complications and frustrations for those hoping to upgrade a previous version of BTD to v4, I felt it was necessary to ensure that I was not stealing or misappropriating any artwork, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

BTD v4 Card Gallery: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1VkMJotxpbPZWZMNjMwNlJyT2...

In order to consolidate the card set (including expansions) down to 162 cards to match the 3-deck coupon, I had to make a few changes to the card list:

- The number of base card copies has been reduced to a bare minimum (16 Factory, 8 Supply drop, 8 Heavy Factory, 6 Advanced Factory, 10 Infantry Platoon)
- The following cards have been omitted from the Artscow decks: Scrap for Parts, Salvage Team, Combat Drop, Behind Enemy Lines, Locust, Crab, JagerMech, Mobile HQ
- No duplicate copies of any Supply cards (rather than some cards having 2 copies)

BTD v4 also incorporates several significant rules changes , most of which I had previously discussed in other threads, namely:

- End game scoring no longer depends on number of cards in the players' decks; instead, players get +1 point for each card with LosTech in its cost minus any Overrun cards
- "1 Buy per turn" and "+Buys" have been removed; the player may buy as many cards as they can afford each turn
- Starting decks are now 8 Factories and 2 Infantry Platoons, rather than 7 Factories and 3 IPs.
- New base card pile added: Supply Drop (resource, cost $2, provides +$2 and returns to its pile when played); provide a reliable backup purchase for leftover industry and helps mitigate games that stagnate due to clogged decks
- Infantry Platoons have been reworked to reduce stalemates
- Numerous balance changes

I'll be posting an updated rules sheet with all of these changes very soon... unfortunately it's not quite ready yet, but I didn't want to hold back on the Artscow links due to the time sensitivity of the coupon. Here is a draft copy for now:

BTD v4 Quick Play Rules (DRAFT): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1VkMJotxpbPVGRKSVc1TGtIRW...

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope everyone enjoys BTD v4, which I honestly think is the best version of BTD yet. Feedback is welcome, as always.

Happy Hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BTD v4 now available on Artscow (just $18 incl S&H with coupon until Aug 10!)
Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am so smart. S M R T !!!
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BTD v4 now available on Artscow (just $18 incl S&H with coupon until Aug 10!)
Ack! I just ordered the ones you had there last week (3.1 I think). Time to order some more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Ordered and looking forward to giving this game a try, finally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to for you to put up a 4th deck of the xtra stuff you cut out that we can buy separately? Or am I being unreasonably completist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gersh77 wrote:
Ack! I just ordered the ones you had there last week (3.1 I think). Time to order some more!

D'oh! Sorry for the trouble. Is it too late to ask to cancel the order and request a refund?

TheChin! wrote:
Is there a way to for you to put up a 4th deck of the xtra stuff you cut out that we can buy separately? Or am I being unreasonably completist?

I certainly could do that. I thought about doing it for myself, as I also tend to be an unreasonble completist. The issue is that when you add a 4th deck to the order, you'll be charged full price for the deck plus S&H, so the 4th deck alone will cost $15-20. But if you're okay with that, I'd be happy to put it together. I can also include a few blank templates or bonus copies of any cards you want, as the cards that I left out won't fill out a complete deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:
gersh77 wrote:

D'oh! Sorry for the trouble. Is it too late to ask to cancel the order and request a refund?

I got the shipping notice already. At $18 I'm not concerned. Just find it more amusing. One of those if only I waited moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:
I certainly could do that. I thought about doing it for myself, as I also tend to be an unreasonble completist. The issue is that when you add a 4th deck to the order, you'll be charged full price for the deck plus S&H, so the 4th deck alone will cost $15-20. But if you're okay with that, I'd be happy to put it together. I can also include a few blank templates or bonus copies of any cards you want, as the cards that I left out won't fill out a complete deck.
Hmm, how many extra cards are we talking? Without blanks and bonus?

Also, is the deal locked into one back? I see that it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also notice there is another promo (non stackable) for 35% off (35OFFSITE). I could order a 4th deck separate with that code to bring it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:

I'd love to see the 4th deck. There are plenty of other games I could get for the other two deck to make it 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done an exact count, but I think the 4th deck would contain the 8 missing uniques, about 10 copies of existing cards, and another 10 copies of 4 base cards to bring up the quantity in those piles. So about 30 cards total or so.

The 35OFFSITE coupon brings the cost of a single deck down to about $15. Otherwise, it'd be closer to $20-25 due to the S&H costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please add deck 4.. you can get multiples of the 3 for 18 and just get 2 other decks to go with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the OPTIONAL Deck 4 on Artscow: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/battletech-domi...

What's included:
- Added the supply cards that had been omitted: Scrap for Parts, Salvage Team, Combat Drop, Behind Enemy Lines, Locust, Crab, JagerMech, Mobile HQ
- Second copies of the following supply cards, which I think help form a more balanced supply deck: Banking Sector, Dropship, Rapid Deployment, Reinforcements, Ambush!, Transit, Slayer, Cheetah, Partisan, Manticore, Mech Infantry, Elementals, Elite Elementals, Jenner, Centurion, Trebuchet, Cicada, Griffin, UrbanMech, Kit Fox, Adder, Shadow Cat, Commando, Firestarter, Argus
- Additional copies of the base cards (the 3 deck set has a absolute minimum number of copies)
- Additional 8 Factories to allow for a 3rd player (even though no official 3-player rules have been released yet)

If you're buying this deck by itself, use the coupon code 35OFFSITE to save $5-10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that the Deck 4 is missing the JagerMech. If you can hold off on ordering it until tonight when I can fix it, please do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:
I just realized that the Deck 4 is missing the JagerMech. If you can hold off on ordering it until tonight when I can fix it, please do.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. I'm too fast! Again! Now I've ordered twice before final. That's ok, I run a Jagermech in MWO frequently enough that I won't miss it here. Still can't wait to play.

And, ~$30 for this is still an incredible bargain. Thanks for all this effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated Deck 4 to add the JagerMech (replacing a duplicate Argus).

Thanks for your patience and understanding, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quick play rules sheet has been updated to v4. I have a couple more small edits to make to it, like swapping the new red LosTech icon for the old blue one, but the rules, text, and card list are all accurate.

BTD v4 QUICK PLAY RULES: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1VkMJotxpbPVGRKSVc1TGtIRW...

These rules incorporate the following changes from previous versions:

- Updated scoring rules (deck size does not matter; LosTech cards worth points)
- Updated Buy phase rules (unlimited Buys)
- Updated starting hands (1st player gets 3 card starting hand, no bonus Infantry for 2nd player)
- Updated card list to v4 (matches Artscow decks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Dimant
Germany
Weil am Rhein
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay for $18 I really can't say anything. I remember paying 44€ for my old BT Version . And this was with small cards as well!

But I really want that forth deck damn you Artscow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hibdon
msg tools
So I just discovered this and so far I LOVE it!

I'm making a Tabletop Simulator mod for this to play with my friends all over the country, and while making sure I had the cards right (I labeled each one of them so they are searchable) I noticed that the quick start rules card list reads 127 cards, but if you add them up it's actually only 124. After digging through I figured out that 1x Locust and 2x Koshi is missing from the checklist. Just thought you might like to know!

Just finished my first game and wow we had a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I know a couple others have put together Tabletop Simulator mods for previous versions of BTD, but you may be the first to do it for v4.
You guys might want to see if you can help each other out.

And please feel free to publish the mod once you are ready... unlike previous versions of BTD, I have permission from the artists for all of the artwork I used in v4.

btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jared Hardy
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This coupon code is still Valid ( I just used it ) and was able to get 6 decks for $36 shipped with the code. Hurry while you can

Check out this thread for some ideas on other decks to get.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/arts-cow-card-sets-...

I snagged a Biblios retheme for the other 2 decks.

**I added BTD to the artscow thread, hopefully thats ok**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BTD v4 now available on Artscow (just $18 incl S&H with coupon -- STILL AVAILABLE)
I can't remember if I published it or not. I'll check and post back.

Edit: Good to know about the artist permission thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BTD v4 now available on Artscow (just $18 incl S&H with coupon -- STILL AVAILABLE)
ErnieB wrote:
This coupon code is still Valid ( I just used it ) and was able to get 6 decks for $36 shipped with the code. Hurry while you can

Check out this thread for some ideas on other decks to get.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/arts-cow-card-sets-...

I snagged a Biblios retheme for the other 2 decks.

**I added BTD to the artscow thread, hopefully thats ok**

Awesome, thanks! I updated the title of the thread.

Thanks for posting BTD to the geeklist! Much appreciated! (I'm not going to say how many pages I flipped through looking for it, only to realize it's in alphabetical order... whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.