$20.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
69 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal – The Pacific 1942» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else in Europe still waiting for their pre-order copies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Years ago my friend and I pre-ordered CoH Guadalcanal along with the US army expansion. Alas, we still haven't received anything. Does anyone else [in Europe] have this problem? The game seems to be available in retail stores by now and we did actually pay for everything a long time ago too.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm still waiting and I'm really pissed off how Academy Games handle this situation...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boersma8 wrote:
Years ago my friend and I pre-ordered CoH Guadalcanal along with the US army expansion. Alas, we still haven't received anything. Does anyone else [in Europe] have this problem? The game seems to be available in retail stores by now and we did actually pay for everything a long time ago too.


Quite a few people in the UK are still waiting. Having said that if you ordered several years ago, AG changed their web ordering system a year or so back so your order may have been lost/deleted. If you also paid several years ago it might be wise to contact them to check. If you were invoiced and paid earlier this year (2016) then you are probably in the same boat as the rest of us and are just a victim of AGs delivery system.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have preordered many games from other publishers or Kickstarter... I can understand when things go wrong and you have some delays of any unforeseen events...
But for me it is a question of respect to inform those people who helped to support / finance this game. AG took our money in May and since then there is no information. Instead we receive newsletters that OUR game is already avaliable at game shops!!!
That shows me that AG dont give a f*ck about us and do their big business with retailers. I know, I'm only one person and my money will not influence their turnover, but I don't care how good thier games are, I will not buy them any more...
Maybe it is too emotional, but I feel myself used by them...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith, as I said, I can understand everything, but in this case it is AG's job to contact people and to do everything to deliver and clarify contact details. It is not my job to run after AG and try to contact them if they have my contact details or not... They we smart enough to keep my payment details, they have my email and I expext them to contact me and to explain where my game is! If they have lost my delivery address - they should contact me and ask for it again. I don't know which ERP-Programm they use, but even with simple Excel you can track order fulfilment and if you see that the order is payed, but not delivered - you need to act! But they are at GenCon instead telling other naive customers what a great company they are...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another preorder from Germany still waiting.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
boersma8 wrote:
Years ago my friend and I pre-ordered CoH Guadalcanal along with the US army expansion. Alas, we still haven't received anything. Does anyone else [in Europe] have this problem? The game seems to be available in retail stores by now and we did actually pay for everything a long time ago too.


Quite a few people in the UK are still waiting. Having said that if you ordered several years ago, AG changed their web ordering system a year or so back so your order may have been lost/deleted. If you also paid several years ago it might be wise to contact them to check. If you were invoiced and paid earlier this year (2016) then you are probably in the same boat as the rest of us and are just a victim of AGs delivery system.


We, that is my friend, actually paid years ago. Apparently he has been in touch with AG several Times and for what he told me apparently things were going to be sent along with all the other orders you are referring to, but we/ he still haven't/ hasn't received anything. He's so fed up with it that he's even given up on ever receiving the game or even cotacting the company again, but since we've already paid I'm not quite so willing to give up on almost 80 euros besides the fact that I'm simply looking forward to trying out the game.

So far we've both only had good experiences with AG, so frankly we are quite surprised about the way AG have been handling all this.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlheinz Seidel
Germany
Hof
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are not alone! I payed in May and I'm still waiting for the game!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Igor wrote:
Keith, as I said, I can understand everything, but in this case it is AG's job to contact people and to do everything to deliver and clarify contact details. It is not my job to run after AG and try to contact them if they have my contact details or not... They we smart enough to keep my payment details, they have my email and I expext them to contact me and to explain where my game is! If they have lost my delivery address - they should contact me and ask for it again. I don't know which ERP-Programm they use, but even with simple Excel you can track order fulfilment and if you see that the order is payed, but not delivered - you need to act! But they are at GenCon instead telling other naive customers what a great company they are...

I wasn't making excuses on AG's behalf, merely trying to suggest a way of dealing with the problem, after all I am still waiting on the pre-order myself. I really don't understand why they don't let people know what is going on, it can't be that difficult and if they are having problems with distribution then I am sure most would be sympathetic once they have been assured that the problem is being addressed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiachra Mac Aodha
Ireland
Dublin 3
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a paid invoice for Guadacanal a few days ago but never bothered opening it until now. It says the game will be shipped with my Mare Nostrum order (they also refunded the savings on combined shipping) and states the shipping date as 8th August (EU, English language Mare Nostrum).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, still waiting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmb
I'm not so worried about the wait, although hugely disappointed in Academy Games for the total lack of response to emails over the last month...ugly. New Zealand is part of Europe, isn't it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
I'm not so worried about the wait, although hugely disappointed in Academy Games for the total lack of response to emails over the last month...ugly. New Zealand is part of Europe, isn't it?


If Australia can participate in the Eurosong contest... Surely New Zealand must be part of Europe to
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
I'm not so worried about the wait, although hugely disappointed in Academy Games for the total lack of response to emails over the last month...ugly. New Zealand is part of Europe, isn't it?


I thought the problems might be confined to Europe, but apparently the situation is even worse than that...:what:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Margate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting. Spoke to AG on the phone last week. Something about a file being incorrect which has all the address details on it. They are sorting it out, but its taking time.

No excuse for the lack of an update though...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Paid for Guadalcanal in May. Boxes are already showing up in retail but still no copy in sight.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Anderson
Japan
Yokohama-shi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar story here in Japan. Paid in April, shipping estimate on the invoice was May, but no sign of the product or answers to numerous emails inquiring about order status. I may have to go through PayPal to get a response out of them at this point, which is a shame. Love the products, but their customer communication needs work.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting, tempted to make a Paypal claim as they're not responding to messages...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me neither,

Do the retail copies carry the army expansion. Gameslore just 20 miles up the road have it on the shelf. I thought European copies were coming directly from a printer in Germany. I don't think I've heard of a European pre order customer receiving their copy.

Andy
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this is getting real bad. My local stores have had the game for a while now, while I have nothing to show for my pre-order.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just received 4(!) emails from Happyshops (who do the fulfillment in Germany for a lot of game companies) all saying

"
we are happy to inform you, that we will send you these games on behalf of Uwe Eickert (Academy Games):
"

but not listing any games. I hope this means that fulfillment is about to happen soon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lo and behold, something seems to be happening....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
I have just received 4(!) emails from Happyshops (who do the fulfillment in Germany for a lot of game companies) all saying

"
we are happy to inform you, that we will send you these games on behalf of Uwe Eickert (Academy Games):
"

but not listing any games. I hope this means that fulfillment is about to happen soon.

I got the same message...
Communication is very far from perfect...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's me hoping we get 4 copies whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
stophle wrote:
Here's me hoping we get 4 copies whistle
Normally you get what you paid for. AG has gained fame for letting people not get what they paid for. In this particular case I would be glad to just get that what I paid for...nothing more, nothing less. And alas, still no message from Happy Shopping.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.