Subject: GERMAN Update Version?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Prager
Germany
Pulheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a possibility to buy the cards and boards in german? I backed the english version and want to change it for my german Group.

Anybody knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sam1975 wrote:
Will there be a possibility to buy the cards and boards in german? I backed the english version and want to change it for my german Group.

Anybody knows?

This has been asked before and Jamey said Morning Players decided not to do a conversion kit for German. So, unfortunately, unless you buy the whole game in German, the only possibility to get German cards and boards (although the board is mostly language-independent I think?) is to do it yourself, maybe print out German text and put it on the sleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Prager
Germany
Pulheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you...very sad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sam1975 wrote:
Thank you...very sad

I'd say that translating isn't took much for your own copy.

The player boards would just need a paste-up of the faction and mech powers (little stickers would do, or just a crib sheet). The Encounter cards you would lost the flavour text, but the rewards would take long to learn the keywords (popularity, mech, worker, structure). Only the objectives are a problem (and you can't really ask others for help there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Stonemaier website under rules you´ll find a 2 page document with translations of all boards and cards. This might do the trick with least amount of effort. Print this a couple of times and give one to each player (that needs it).
Link:
https://app.box.com/s/rj3jrw0rab2uiz02up89kbant5g8ew1p/1/647...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
On the Stonemaier website under rules you´ll find a 2 page document with translations of all boards and cards. This might do the trick with least amount of effort. Print this a couple of times and give one to each player (that needs it).
Link:
https://app.box.com/s/rj3jrw0rab2uiz02up89kbant5g8ew1p/1/647...

I didn't know that, that's a great resource, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this is jumping the gun a little, but isn't the Spiel des Jahres limited to games that have been published in German? Based on the reception so far, I'd be surprised if Scythe wasn't at least in contention next year, if it's eligible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Maybe this is jumping the gun a little, but isn't the Spiel des Jahres limited to games that have been published in German? Based on the reception so far, I'd be surprised if Scythe wasn't at least in contention next year, if it's eligible.

I don't think it will be in contention. Games of that length and complexity are no longer nominated, not even for the "Expertenspiel".
Even TM that won the Deutscher Spielepreis which is voted by gamers was only on a list of other recommended games but not nominated for the prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.