Subject: not using tracking system? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was chatting to a guy online last night about ww2 boardgames in general..and he asked if it was possible to play this game without using the tracking system.but most of the other rules?...to be honest I didn't have an answer to give him.but I would have thought it is possible.and it would make the game more like main stream squad based tactical games...even ASL etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
was chatting to a guy online last night about ww2 boardgames in general..and he asked if it was possible to play this game without using the tracking system.but most of the other rules?...to be honest I didn't have an answer to give him.but I would have thought it is possible.and it would make the game more like main stream squad based tactical games...even ASL etc

What do you mean by "the tracking system"?

The only "tracks" I can think of in the game are the casualty track and the victory point track and the time track... Tracking casualties, victory points, and time all seem very mainstream and normal to me, so I'm not sure why one would want to play without them, or how e.g. you'd determine victory and game end without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
tootz wrote:

The only "tracks" I can think of in the game are the casualty track and the victory point track and the time track... Tracking casualties, victory points, and time all seem very mainstream and normal to me, so I'm not sure why one would want to play without them, or how e.g. you'd determine victory and game end without them.
I'm not really sure he was just on about using the tracking system..maybe he was just saying normal ugo-igo elimination style play? like the majority of squad based games I'm not sureshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:
russ wrote:
tootz wrote:

I'm not really sure he was just on about using the tracking system..maybe he was just saying normal ugo-igo elimination style play? like the majority of squad based games I'm not sureshake

Ain't broke, don't break it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got no clue what you are talking about, dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Steve, no idea what this guy is talking about. If the three tracks are too much for him to deal with, , ask him how he'd tell who wins or loses a scenario ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He probably meant tracking action points in Conflict Of Heroes.

If anyone is going to complain about Combat Commander, it's always going to be about the cards. I think he mixed up games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes he lost me tooshake that's why I thought I would ask you guys.i think best thing to do if he contacts me again..tell him I haven't a clue...I DONT!!...lol

thanks guysthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
Got no clue what you are talking about, dude.

Good, so I'm not the only one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's just great. Now this "guy online" has gotten us all to post on the internet using the word "tracking." Well played, NSA, well played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha..sorry that's what he called it...rofl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you guys with post secondary education had that recurring nightmare where the uni contacts you and says "hey you forgot to take this one vital course and sorry we are taking away your degree unless you come back to school"? Well that is what this thread did to me. CC is my most played game and when I read the OP I had this momentary panic that there was a whole section on concealed units with hidden unit tracking that I had missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
He finally relented, gave me a B grade to reduce my overall standing to a 3.48(below honors). It was this event that turned me away from Education as a career.

NOW, that's a true dick move. I can't believe there is people like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
was chatting to a guy online...

Just going out on a limb here, but was the fellow's name Fernando by any chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
tootz wrote:

Just going out on a limb here, but was the fellow's name Fernando by any chance?
Hi,Peter.

if he contacts me again I will take note of his name..and let you know...is this Fernando like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
...is this Fernando like that?

Yes, Fernando gets confused easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
peterk1 wrote:
tootz wrote:

Hi,Peter.

if he contacts me again I will take note of his name..and let you know...is this Fernando like that?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/290360/fate-deck-was-not-sta...

Just in case you were not aware of the reference. Still one of the best posts on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing that, I had not read about 'Fernando.' Truly an amazing story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven, that thread is legendary. We were just talking about it last week during WBC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
We should start some kind of Process that lists these people. They come along with very little knowledge and put bad info out there.

Maybe Process is the wrong term. Perhaps 'System' is better.

Once these nuts are identified, the data should organize and maintain the info for easy reference. If it had their User ID we could even Track their behavior.

Oh, like a "tracking system..." ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

I would argue that you can play it without the tracking system. But it would be like playing basketball without counting the baskets or playing baseball without keeping track of the outs. Just play the game to have fun and no pressure to win at all.

Would any of us do that? Probably not. But one could do it, if you were a mind to!

The wonderful thing about CC:E is that it is just so flexible!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
tootz wrote:
peterk1 wrote:
tootz wrote:

Hi,Peter.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/290360/fate-deck-was-not-sta...

Just in case you were not aware of the reference. Still one of the best posts on the geek.

Some stories never grow old!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.