oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some extremely hard lessons learned in this game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23361254#23361254

We cleaned the table and started over immediately. I asked if we could relax with a session of Bitter Woods,before next TK game, but my friend insisted on another go with TK. (Seems he have forgotten his all time favorite WiF).

We always start in 1937. Quick setup, and pre-war plays very fast.

Nothing new. Stalin does his staff cleanup. Only special: Basque got their freedom in civil war Spain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing how fast this game play when you are familiar with rules.
6 hours playtime from 1937 to Case Yellow.

My friend plays now Axis with a much better start than me in the last game.

He got Poland and Italy. (Winning civil war and a lucky roll helps) Soviet is at pact now. Hope I can get East Poland at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was an easy conquest of France for my friend.
Wish I had got armor and aircraft instead of Maginot build decision. Not much use when Italy threatens south
Now he can use the influence on a different country than the obvious Italy (sigh)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not using Maginot has other dangers for France esp if Germany goes West first. If the Germans get early Italy, that card won't help much. As for East Poland if you are Pact I think it is automatic if you demand it, even if allied with Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It was Rapallo - so I changed to Pact. Have not studied the card in detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vichy created.
Spain joins Axis. Battle for Portugal. Brits holds Lisbon.

Sea battle in Mare Nostrum. British and Italian fleets ends up in Sea Warfare box. (Hope this is correct). But was able to get back without much delay.

Now Axis was able to transport units to Africa. Cairo lost. I had to commit Allied forces to Portugal and Gibraltar.

Several east Europe countries joins Axis with Treaty. But Hungary resist with a Coup.

Soviet got East Poland. (Marc correct as usual)

Soviet tried to get Bessarabia. Roll anything but 1
Close eyes... shake... shake... drop..

Next round. I picked up a new die. My friend said I have used up the 1 on the old die. Do not use the new die...
No -I will use the new die!

Roll anything but 1
Close eyes... shake... shake... drop..

We just had to laugh. Soviet lost 4 infantry in this incident.

We LOVE this ongoing session kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.
Soviet steamrolled Soviet.Axis total win.

Lesson learned:

Defending the Soviet in the same way as France does not work. A weak unit is worse than no unit. Attacking the weak unit gives often a free 3 movement exploitation. Next attack gives another 1 movement. Adding the reserve movement and you end up close to 10 hexes after combat for panzer!

With normal movement next (before Soviet action) You can easily seal off cities

Staying behind to close supply line did not work.
soblue

A ton of experience to bring to next game. -And the game plays extremely fast when you know the rules. A wonderful experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice ongoing AAR.

Yep, Axis Empires has a steep learning curve. That first year of Barbarossa can be tough to handle. It's important to garrison those rear area cities so that reserve movement doesn't freely walk all over the place. Good luck in your next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honosbinda wrote:
Nice ongoing AAR.

Yep, Axis Empires has a steep learning curve. That first year of Barbarossa can be tough to handle. It's important to garrison those rear area cities so that reserve movement doesn't freely walk all over the place. Good luck in your next game.

Can be a while for next TK. My friend is back to university, and need the room for less fun stuff.

We will look for a game with less footprint, and can be played in 5-12 hours. I have a nice collection to pick from. Blowing dust off at the moment to find next challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.