Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Otto
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things are sadly not clear to me after reading the FAQ:

1) Can a Planeswalker summon a creature onto a Glyph, or on elevated terrain higher than his height?

Summoning can only take place on an empty space, so not on a Glyph (Hasbro rules), and onto height within 5 clear sight spaces. (HSC).

-I dont get the last sentence, so can I summon onto terrain yes or no? If yes, does the height matter?

2) Can I summon onto water?

3) One spell targets an allied PW and another one your PW. Is your own PW considered an allied and can I cast the spell on him in a 1on1 game?

4) In the rulebook "... summon up to two squads and heroes..."
So if I play with a bigger points limit than 500 and my reserve consist of two squads and 2 heroes for example, can I summon both squads AND summon both heroes as well? Or summon 2 squads OR 2 heroes?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The PW needs to be able to see the space where the figure is summoned. It can be summoned onto height. It can not be summoned behind a ruin (for example) - unless the space is visible above the ruin (the top of a Cryptolyth for example). It does not matter how tall the height might be, as long as the space is visible.

2) Yes, you may summon a figure into a water space.

3) In a 2v2 match you are allied with your teammate but not allied with yourself.

If you have multiple PWs in a single army, the Multiplayer rules state:
When building an army, you must include one and only one Planeswalker.

You may certainly use house rules to have armies with more than 1 PW, but there are no official rules for that situation since the rules prohibit it.

4) The rules as written:
Before Action 3 of your Planeswalker’s turn, your Planeswalker may summon up to two squads and heroes from your reserve to the battlefield.

So if you set a higher point limit, you still get to summon 2 army cards per turn of the PW. Again, you may make any house rules you want and play differently, but then there is not an official answer.

You may summon 2 Squads, 1 Squad and 1 Hero, or 2 Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify/add to what Targanth said:

"Empty Space" is defined in the Rulebook on page 7. Type/elevation of terrain doesn't matter as long as nothing is occupying the hex.

When summoning to higher elevation, the height difference does not change the distance from the Planeswalker (count distance the same as ranged combat).

"Clear Sight Spaces" is also defined in the Rulebook on page 7. The requirement is that you can see the figure you are summoning on the hex (not see the top of the hex itself).

I'm unsure which card you're asking about in question #3. If you can give the card name and text, it would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otto
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your clarifications guys, I really appreciate it!

@Vydar: Sadly I own only the German version, the card I was talking about shoud translate into sth. like this: "Near Death Experience" - Remove up to 2 wound markers from an allied planeswalker"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For #3, I believe the English version says friendly instead of allied and it can be cast on your own planeswalker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl is correct. The English version says "friendly Planeswalker" so it can be used on your own Planeswalker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.