GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,666 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Scoville» Forums » General

Subject: Stuck in morning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peugeot 206
msg tools
Has anyone been stuck in the morning for the entire or most of the game? When I play with my buddies, everyone seems to be so preoccupied with fulfilling the recipes and didn't address the farmer's market much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then take advantage of the cheap points that come with peppers in the farmers market.

I've only played a few times, but we're yet to run out the recipes before going to the afternoon. I could see that happening if only easy recipes came out, but with a handful needing ghost peppers buying market cards turns your low level peppers into points when nothing else is available.

Also, remember that you can do up to 3 actions (1 each of market, recipe, and selling) in the fulfillment step, so you don't have to pass up on the recipes just to go to the farmers market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daugenet breaux
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I think that it depends on what is in the market. I have been stuck in morning until the last two turns in a 3 player game as the recipes (with multiple phantoms) were much more attractive as far as points. Not to mention the race to be the first to plant one.....

Sometimes the market just isnt that attractive...

I had a game where I could not advance the market due to lacking the requirements for each one still in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peugeot 206
msg tools
nordlead wrote:
Then take advantage of the cheap points that come with peppers in the farmers market.

I've only played a few times, but we're yet to run out the recipes before going to the afternoon. I could see that happening if only easy recipes came out, but with a handful needing ghost peppers buying market cards turns your low level peppers into points when nothing else is available.

Also, remember that you can do up to 3 actions (1 each of market, recipe, and selling) in the fulfillment step, so you don't have to pass up on the recipes just to go to the farmers market.

That is true. We are new to this game so we are still discovering its strategies. And yes your suggestion is great but I think that game when we were stuck the farmers fard didn't offer much points just money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peugeot206 wrote:
nordlead wrote:

That is true. We are new to this game so we are still discovering its strategies. And yes your suggestion is great but I think that game when we were stuck the farmers fard didn't offer much points just money.

Each coin is worth 1/3 of a VP. So, if you get 5 coins and a pepper you should have earned at least 2 VP from the market since you can sell that pepper later (even on the same turn). Granted, you should earn more VP than that since you can use the pepper for planting or recipes.

Obviously there are situations where you won't make it into the afternoon, but it should be the exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen this too. Apparently the large points of the recipes and plaques for being the first to plant a type of pepper are too appealing for my group. They just outweigh the slow and steady point stream of the market. What I have found is that we end up going away from the morning market so much that we are starved for the basic peppers. I think next game I will try to put some like colored starter peppers next to each other so I can pull in more of the basic peppers and be able to take advantage of the market too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.