Hide
10 Posts

Pandemic: State of Emergency» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hinterlands rule question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Turner
msg tools
I am new to this expansion and have a couple of quick questions.

1)When you roll the dice to see if you put any cubes on any hinterlands spacee before the infect city stage, what cities do you put the cubes on if you get a colour? Are you supposed to put a cube on all the hinterland cities of the colour you roll or only on the cities which have already been infected on the main board? The game rules are pretty vague on this.

2) One special ability of the first responder is to remove cubes from the city infected by an epidemic, but why would that city have any cubes on it anyway as you pick the city to infect with an epiddemic from the bottom of the card pile?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
louie844 wrote:

1)When you roll the dice to see if you put any cubes on any hinterlands spacee before the infect city stage, what cities do you put the cubes on if you get a colour? Are you supposed to put a cube on all the hinterland cities of the colour you roll or only on the cities which have already been infected on the main board? The game rules are pretty vague on this.

You put a cube on the hinterland space itself, that is the space of the corresponding color on one of the two new boards that came with the game.

louie844 wrote:

2) One special ability of the first responder is to remove cubes from the city infected by an epidemic, but why would that city have any cubes on it anyway as you pick the city to infect with an epiddemic from the bottom of the card pile?

Thanks

First, you infect the city from the bottom of the card pile. Then, the first responder may move there and treat disease in that city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Turner
msg tools
Thanks for getting back so quickly.

1) which hinterland space though do you put the cube on though? There are 5 or 4 depending on the colour. If you roll a red for example do you put one red cube on each hinterland space?

2) thanks for some reason I thought she moved there before the epidemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
louie844 wrote:
which hinterland space though do you put the cube on though?

There are only 4 Hinterlands spaces, 1 per color. They are on the Hinterlands boards.

Quote:
There are 5 or 4 depending on the colour.

These city spaces *connect* to the Hinterlands spaces; they are NOT Hinterlands spaces.

From the rules, page 3: "On the main board, place the 18 colored transparent disks on the cities *connected* to the *four* Hinterlands spaces." (emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Turner
msg tools
Ok we're getting there but I don't think my original question has been answrered.

With regard to the Hinterlands infections the rules state "Before drawing Infection cards, roll the Hinterlands die. If a colored die face is rolled, place 1 disease cube of that color in that Hinterlands space".

My question is which space do you place the disease cube.

And don't say if you roll a red it goes on the red hinterlands cos I'm not that stupid.

Is is all Hinterlands of the corresponding colour which are infected, do you pick one somehow or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With State of Emergency, you got two new boards. One of them has a blue and a yellow space that connect to X cities. The other one has a red and a black space that connect to X cities. These are the hinterland boards, and the coloured spaces on them are the hinterland spaces. This is where you place the cubes whenever you roll the dice.

The cities where you put the disks are not hinterland spaces, they are cities connected to hinterland spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have circled the spots you place the cubes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
example:
London, Chicago, san Francisco, & Atlanta are NOT the blue hinterlands spaces - they are the cities that connect to the single blue hinterlands space. There is only one blue hinterlands space and it is located on the new hinterlands board, and it is circled in alexankh's picture.

likewise, there is only one yellow hinterlands space, only one black hinterlands space, only one red hinterlands space.
They are the unnamed spaces on the hinterlands boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
louie844 wrote:
And don't say if you roll a red it goes on the red hinterlands cos I'm not that stupid.

No, but you certainly appear to have a fixed idea which is preventing you from absorbing what everyone on this forum is saying.

There is ONE Hinterlands space of each color. That's where the cube of that color goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Kyle did do a good job illustrating where it goes too by circling the space on the Hinterland Boards.

I also have named the hinterland spaces the following: Cow Farms (Blue), The Rainforest (Yellow), Pig Farms (Red), and Avian (Bird) Country (Black).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.