Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gulp Will my pal, who is there but did not preorder the game, be able to get me a copy? We'll find out soon, when the doors to the Dealer Hall open, and he rushes in with all the other maniacs in the annual Running of the Gamers! Pamplona in Spain has nothing on us. If so, he'll be here in Brooklyn with it next week!

1. Fight! Kill! Smash! Tramplestomp!

2. On to the next game.

Ah, the suspense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Reading this makes me see the potential in a GenCon: The Board Game

Guide your meeple around the exhibit floor, earning points by beating other players in a mad dash to booths to get highly-sought games. Someone please kickstart this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
gulp Will my pal, who is there but did not preorder the game, be able to get me a copy?

So...what's the word? Did your friend manage to snag a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh My pal first got me a copy of Star Trek Ascendancy, and then by the time he got to Portal Games, the CH's were gone. I'm wondering now if they'll have any more tomorrow morning, as I know they do it that way some times to give more people a chance. Anyone know?

How is everyone else doing on getting a Con copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Cry Havoc sold out to the VIGs before the doors opened to the general public. Or, as Grant so eloquently put it "IT'S SOLD THE @#$& OUT!!!"

Really happy I pre-ordered this months ago. Even though I GenCan't, I'll have it in a few weeks. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were pre-order pickups for weeks so I suspect there wasn't much left after those pickup orders for walk up sales. Then again, it is possible they didn't account for just how popular the game will be. Miniature Market and Coolstuff both sold out of the initial preorders so it is possible a second printing will be needed a week after the first mass release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TLDR, we got as many copies as we could before the convention. Due to the time it takes to manufacture and ship, about 300 was the best we could do. Not really a matter of mid judging demand, but, hey, games take time. Wish we had a 1000 but...it's tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality of production is most important! It would have been worse to rush it. People can wait for a couple more weeks to get it .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vander Velden
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PreOrder for GenCon pickup! Best invention ever, don't leave home without it! I wish more companies would do this to try and eliminate the stampede.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
verridian wrote:
PreOrder for GenCon pickup! Best invention ever, don't leave home without it! I wish more companies would do this to try and eliminate the stampede.

I agree. This was very nicely handled by Portal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
verridian wrote:

Ignacy is obsessed with taking care of his customers and fan base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giliar Perez
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
MDJD wrote:
verridian wrote:

I don't know much about this game beside some photos and the buzz, but you got a sale on me. I'm buying it just to support Portal and you guys. Kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nitrium wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
MDJD wrote:
verridian wrote:

I don't know much about this game beside some photos and the buzz, but you got a sale on me. I'm buying it just to support Portal and you guys. Kudos.

Every single one feels great. We really appreciate this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Reading this makes me see the potential in a GenCon: The Board Game

Guide your meeple around the exhibit floor, earning points by beating other players in a mad dash to booths to get highly-sought games. Someone please kickstart this!

Perhaps a re-theme of Stronghold (2nd edition)? Attendees vs. Security

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.