Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I had a very interesting game. I managed not only to get the Presidential Proclamation out, but for the first and so far only time, I got no Riots, while getting all Conspirators. I picked Burr up, got him executed for plotting a Coup with plenty of Evidence, and potentially even more points for all five other Conspirators. Then I turned over the Conspirator Cards to see what he was actually up to, as Theodosia never turned up during the game. Fortunately she didn't turn up there either, so Burr really was guilty.

In the rulebook it states that you reduce the Verdict if the actual plot is on the other side of the divider from your accusation. That's true of the Innocent plot compared to Treason, but it seems a bit ambiguous to me. So that's my question, would the Verdict be reduced by one if you accused Burr of Treason while he was actually Innocent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the designer, I would say no. If you convict him and he's innocent, your penalty is the -40 VPs listed on the scoring card. That's a pretty heavy fine for being wrong, so I think that's enough.

Does that answer it?

Good job getting Burr! We have to stop that rascal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yes, that answers it. I thought that was the right answer, but I wanted to be sure.

Of course, if you execute Burr and have caught enough of his minions, you can still win ... technically. It's a win for Jefferson, but like the Decisive Victory, it's not really a win for the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. The idea is that Jefferson technically wins, but the appearance of injustice haunts him for the rest of his presidency.

And then Burr comes back as a zombie and starts the apocalypse. But that's another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.