8 Posts

Orléans: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Invasion module played solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Can the Invasion coop module be played solo as well? Does it play well?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Controlling two characters, yes. And yes, it plays very well that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Cool, thanks I'll give it a shot. I like the solo scenarios, but figured I could try the Invasion module as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mb
What's your take on the various solo scenarios? Ever win at Veirzon? For me, Dignitary is way too easy. Veirzon.. impossible (to date). Salesman... possibly doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember the names, but I beat the third one just barely, and the first one far too easily. I haven't tried the second one yet.

For solo play, I do prefer to just play Invasion with two characters. Much more interesting of an experience, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
I've one the dignitary one fairly easily, played it once though.

Vierzon still no win; I find it hard to get the right engine going. Very luck of the draw based on the resource tiles and buildings available. But I like a good challenge and will keep on trying

Salesman, haven't played.

I love Orléans. Such a clever game. Satisfies the Euro lover in me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mb
Much thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's not just me who can't seem to win the Veirzon solo, but I will keep at it. I couldn't wait for TMG's version of Invasion. Yes, I needed the expansion sooner and so far it has not been a disappointment. I love the addition of three solo options. And, now, thanks to your post, I will try out a solo version of the Invasion co-op. This will give me an opportunity to learn the rules before taking it to one of my gaming group's events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
I tried the Invasion coop solo mode yesterday, and it was very interesting and engaging

The table is full of stuff though, so be prepared! I didn't win but I can see the paths to victory. Setup was long though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.