Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hearing reports from the front lines at Gencon that the base box is on sale. Who all can personally confirm it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No way, it's not due until November. CMON doesn't even have Inferno ready and that Kickstarted 4 months earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seeing confirmed purchased copies on Arcadia Quest Fanatics group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/390057497829932/permalink/68...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just saw a picture in a Facebook group (Arcadia Quest Fanatics) that showed someone had purchased it at GenCon. It also says on the Kickstarter that they do not guarantee that backers will receive the game before the general public.

I back the Kickstarter for all of the extras anyway, not just for a base version, so I don't have any issue with this.

I am curious about the price they paid though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I just saw a picture in a Facebook group (Arcadia Quest Fanatics) that showed someone had purchased it at GenCon. It also says on the Kickstarter that they do not guarantee that backers will receive the game before the general public.

I back the Kickstarter for all of the extras anyway, not just for a base version, so I don't have any issue with this.

I am curious about the price they paid though.

I agree. This happened with Blood Rage last year. I'm guessing $70-$80.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Tack
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Going for the low price of only $250 plus shipping on the old eBay right now

Wow
What people think they can get for things blows my mind sometimes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
says on the Kickstarter that they do not guarantee that backers will receive the game before the general public.

I don't mind that non-backers are getting it, but I am a little disappointed that I still have to wait 3 more months even though it's already being distributed.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Tack
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm thinking about having a friend buy the base game for me so I can get into it. Then I'll sell my KS copy when I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:
says on the Kickstarter that they do not guarantee that backers will receive the game before the general public.

I don't mind that non-backers are getting it, but I am a little disappointed that I still have to wait 3 more months even though it's already being distributed.shake

Well, technically, it isn't being distributed. It is being sold at a convention. Big difference: one involves the public being able to buy it at their local store or online (1000s of games), the other is a limited special release (a few hundred games at most).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Norton
United States
Gardner
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will wait until I see pictures to prove that it is on sale before I start polishing my pitchfork. If it does turn out to be true, they better be shipping to KS backers sooner than 3 months from now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
paedia wrote:
Well, technically, it isn't being distributed. It is being sold at a convention. Big difference...

Only rationally, not deep down where I feel my feelings.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Socat82 wrote:
I will wait until I see pictures to prove that it is on sale before I start polishing my pitchfork. If it does turn out to be true, they better be shipping to KS backers sooner than 3 months from now.

Why?

Serious question. There was no promise made that this would ship to KS backers early. CMON KS have always been about getting promos and more for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm at Gen Con and was surprised to see a big stack of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad Carlson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Just saw an in-hand copy up on Ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Socat82 wrote:

It still takes a long time on the boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crane
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools

I just wish that there was a bit more communication from CMoN about it. Some pics of the game components at least. There hasnt been an update in over a month. And the last one gave no indication that the game was anywhere near completion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh, I back CMON KS for the extras/promos, not to get it 'first' before the general public, this does not bother me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Inferno there as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! They flew in a ton of content then. Publishers do this all the time, they fly in copies of games ahead of the boats to get in time for press events. I'm not too surprised about it but more surprised that they didn't announce it ahead of time. It also makes a lot of sense with CMON games. The core game seems pretty set in stone at the time of the campaign and then some of the stretch goals aren't fleshed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with others about the communication aspect. They could have easily posted an update that announced copies would be available and it would be less bothersome. I'm not upset, or even surprised really, just wish they handled stuff better.

An update that shows finished product, even if it's only the base game, would be great. I would love to see an unboxing video showing off what they have available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Let's look at why this is a good thing. Gen Con is the biggest convention in terms of releases, news, etc., that we're going to get this year. By having games available in limited quantities, people will be able to play it, talk about it, bring it home, and build up buzz for the game. The more buzz, the more copies they will eventually sell. The more they sell, the more likely we're going to see the franchise continue, which means more kickstarters, which means more content.

Regardless of when we get our copies, making sure this game is a success is in the best interest of everyone. It means more content in the future. It means more people want to play (making it easier to get to the table). It means that the kickstarter exclusive stuff that we don't want to keep can be sold for a higher amount on ebay, recouping some of our investment.

The only down side here is that we will not be the first people to play the game. While this is unfortunate, it's not in the best interest of the franchise, so for those of us who think this is going to be a great game, it shouldn't be looked at as a bad thing. A bit annoying, yes, but not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think they knew they would have it there. There has been no mention of it being released in any previews or podcasts. The BGG Gencon Preview doesn't include it in the list of to be released games. Maybe they even surprised themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmbmb
Internutt wrote:

No, just on display with painted minis in a case and it looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Chefarista wrote:
Internutt wrote:

No, just on display with painted minis in a case and it looks awesome.

I would like a photo of that, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.