Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Gentofte
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of doing the following with my Spawn Deck before each game:

Include a default deck w enemy variation: Was thinking all standard spawn cards from core set (excl the Necromancers), deadeye walkers, wolfz and crowz + 12 NPC cards

Add Necromancers and Boss abominations to personal taste, from two separate random decks with the Necros in one and Abominations in the other

Necro deck contains all duplicates of the special necromancers and the original 'vanilla' necromancers

Abom deck contains all the special abominations (troll, minotaur, rat, blob, alpha)

Idea is to say for example: For an 'easy' deck you shuffle in X random cards from necro deck and Y random cards from abom deck

(Deck predictor says the deck is medium with nothing added btw)

What would seem like a fair rule of thumb for a standard game (it shouldn't be too easy)

for example: 6 random aboms and 4 random necros (maybe +3 standard necros)?

Does anyone do something similar when they play? I like the random element of what type of abom/necro that shows up so you are a bit unprepared for it when it happens. Not sure if it makes a deck harder or easier if you have several of the same card versus several different cards - I would think several of the same makes it easier..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Courneya
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use the core deck with wolfz, crows, 6 NPC, 6 necros (4 special, 2 standard) and 1 of each of the special aboms. We play with a max of 2 necros and 2 aboms on the board at a time (after the max they get an extra activation). Seems to work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Gentofte
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems cool.

I guess taking 6 random cards from the abom deck would achieve a similar effect - that way you never know which ones will show up in the deck and in what frequency, and you don't know whether some might get an extra activation sometimes (which can be devastating!) you lose that when you just take 1 of each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Gentofte
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funkoar wrote:
I use the core deck with wolfz, crows, 6 NPC, 6 necros (4 special, 2 standard) and 1 of each of the special aboms. We play with a max of 2 necros and 2 aboms on the board at a time (after the max they get an extra activation). Seems to work well.

I played the deck yesterday but didn't use the max limits you mentioned, we got thoroughly munched... We had 4 aboms and 4 necros on the board and half the group still on blue level....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.