Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be running a demo game at the March Through Time event at the Ohio Historical Center near Columbus on August 27th. Stop by if your in the area and have been interested in the game but have yet to try it out. I'll have 4 spaces so try out a patrol with a couple of figures.

https://www.ohiohistory.org/participate/event-calendar/ohio-...

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great time running demo games all day at this event. A friend came with me, and he and I ran 3 games with hopes that somebody would come along and join in, but nobody stopped by to play until nearly closing time, when a gentleman walked up and wanted to play. I had chosen a very quick play scenario so we were in shooting range very quickly in all 4 games I played, and I lost all 4 games, with the first and fourth games going into close combat while the second and third ended up shooting battles. The 4th game, both sides ended up with wounded NCOs, but in that last card draw, the other player (running the US paras) pulled the kill cards that finished me off. We did get quite a few visitors stop and watch, and the other GMs running demos all stopped for a look as well. Biggest boost to me was getting the chance to run and play, reinforcing my knowledge of the game so I'm more ready to run it at the upcoming Advance The Colors next month.

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the report -- sounds fun. Well maybe not losing all the games, but even still a game played is good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.