Subject: Scoring example rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you confirm my maths please blush?

I use the page 8 from the rules.
Imagine that the 2d attraction is a food outlet, I finished with 19 coins, 2 blueprints completed (23points) and one not completed. I have taken 1 Loans during the game.

Score pad:
Blueprints 13 (23-10)
Attraction 60 (16+8+5+31)
Coins 9 (19/2)
Other 3 (staff)
Loans -10

So my score is 75. Right? (Not sure about the scoring for the attraction size)
Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a bit confused about assuming the 2nd attraction since it was face down and I realized what you meant. It would be turned back over at the end of the turn giving you 2 icons for 8 points.

I believe that your correct, your score would be 75.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This all looks correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering why you scored 16 for the first attraction? The rules I have printed show 5 icons which would be worth 20 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
Just wondering why you scored 16 for the first attraction? The rules I have printed show 5 icons which would be worth 20 points.

Well spotted! You're absolutely right, 5 icons scores 20 points. I just checked back through all our previous revisions of the rulebook, and there has never been a version of the page with that attraction showing only 4 icons, so 16 points is incorrect.

In defense of those who checked the math, at around that time the game had just changed from counting cards for scoring purposes to counting icons instead, so it may have been leftover card-counting habits that caused the mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.