Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just bought the game and have played it twice. Both 2-player. Hoping to play 3- and 4-player games in my board game group. Since I will have to teach it, I need to understand the "pass". I understand the specific condition of passing:

"You may pass, but only if you are unable to take any of these three actions."

And those three actions are: (1) Place a Castle, (2) Draw and Place a Tile, or (3) Place Your [Hidden] Tile.

But it would seem that if this were to happen the board would be filled up and the round would then end.

Has anyone ever passed? If so, what was the specific circumstance that forced you to pass?

Note: I am NOT discussing the "Down to the Last Castle" Variant. Which has its own unique rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that this can happen if you have placed all your castles, the tiles are exhausted, and you have already placed your hidden tile. It is possible to be in this situation when the board isn't yet full. For example, if you always place castles, while your opponents always draw tiles, then you will be out of castles and tiles to draw fairly early in the round.

But it's been a few years since I played, maybe that is incorrect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Dad
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did pass once in a 2-player game. My opponent wasn't laying castles- just drawing and putting tiles. So near the end I had no castles, no tiles in hand or to draw; so I passed and she had to lay a castle in the last spot. Bottom line: She went twice at the end but I had more castles on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.