Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Liberty Roads» Forums » General

Subject: Production quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JR Thomas
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to publicly commend and congratulate Hexasim on the INCREDIBLE production quality that is present in my copy of Liberty Roads.

I've been playing "hex & counter" wargames for decades at this point. One of the things I always somewhat dread about preparing a new game for play is removing the counters from the sheet. Carefully cutting and breaking apart, worrying "Is this going to tear the back?" and being oh so disappointed when a counter that had NO REASON to split/delaminate, does so despite the most careful, nay even ginger handling.

When I started working with the counter sheets from LR, I was astounded to see the counters literally falling off the sheet in some cases, so deeply and cleanly cut from the pressing die. It reminded me of the laser-cut sheets from games like Conflict of Heroes.

Hexasim, I'm grateful and impressed by the care you've placed into getting this product to market. So much so that I'm giving the two highest forms of praise I know how for games - I'm writing about it, and planning my next purchases from your company.

Cheers!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same with Victory Roads, the bigger but younger sister to Liberty Roads.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I agree with the overall quality, but as a friendly word of warning--and you can see this in photos and posts--the counters will wear very quickly with use, so you might want to spray them with some finish.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bfletcher wrote:
I agree with the overall quality, but as a friendly word of warning--and you can see this in photos and posts--the counters will wear very quickly with use, so you might want to spray them with some finish.


I've heard this is more true with the first printing of LR, not the second.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
bfletcher wrote:
I agree with the overall quality, but as a friendly word of warning--and you can see this in photos and posts--the counters will wear very quickly with use, so you might want to spray them with some finish.


I've heard this is more true with the first printing of LR, not the second.


I have the second printing. These counters are well made. Other than being small, they feel sturdy and the printing seems quite permanent. In my copy, no signs of fading or separation. And I've handled them quite a bit...with clean hands of course.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Gentil-Perret
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Philem wrote:

When I started working with the counter sheets from LR, I was astounded to see the counters literally falling off the sheet in some cases, so deeply and cleanly cut from the pressing die. It reminded me of the laser-cut sheets from games like Conflict of Heroes.


All the counters of our games printed recently have very small "attachment points". So it is far more comfortable for player.

Thanks for your appreciation, finding a good printer for our counters has been a long road. With our 2 previous counters printers, we had to check sheets one by one and throw away hundreds of them because of quality defaults.

Now printing is far more easy for us. And our counters are made in France, something I'm quite proud of. :)

bfletcher wrote:
I agree with the overall quality, but as a friendly word of warning--and you can see this in photos and posts--the counters will wear very quickly with use, so you might want to spray them with some finish.

We have printed several batches of counters for Liberty Roads. The quality of varnish is better for counters printed on 2011 and beyond. If you need replacement, drop me an email.







7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies again for the worn counters in my pictures. Its due to the length of time I spend playing liberty roads not the quality of the counters. I wouldn't devote all those hours if it wasn't such good fun.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polate wrote:
My apologies again for the worn counters in my pictures. Its due to the length of time I spend playing liberty roads not the quality of the counters. I wouldn't devote all those hours if it wasn't such good fun.


No apologies. It's a good sign when a game wears out with play!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.