Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing through the solitaire game vs. 2 A.I. opponents, and I'm about half way through the game, and one AI player is out of cubes already and the other AI player is getting close to being out of cubes to place. What do you do with a situation like this?

It seems to me the AI players place A LOT of cubes. About every 2nd or 3rd time they play a card they are dumping 12+ cubes or more on the board. This doesn't seem right. Am I doing something wrong? OR maybe something needs to be tweaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you replaced a lot of the states with multiple cubes with the corresponding larger 3x cubes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Have you replaced a lot of the states with multiple cubes with the corresponding larger 3x cubes?

Yeah, I have all the components. The republican AI is out of cubes. Maybe it's the card draw, but a lot of the cards when you do an Indirect Action, have you place up to 6, 8, 10 cubes on the track, and then when you finally do hit a direct action, you are placing sometimes 16+ cubes.

I have the 75 single cubes and 18 3-point cubes.

In the set up, say, for the Repbulicans, you have 21 states in play, which means 42 cubes, and then for solo rules, you add 15 more cubes via setup from the cards. That's 67 cubes on the board to start. With 62 left off board to place.

Break down of the A.I. cards drawn for my game (IA - Indirect Action) (play - Direct Action, placing cubes on the board).

IA:8
IA:7
play (15)
IA:6
play (6)
IA:9
play (9)
IA:8
play (14)
IA:10
IA:9
play (19)
IA:10
play (16)

So after 16 cards into it, according to what I have above, I have placed 63 cubes, which means I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cornelius
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an issue that was continuously coming up. So we went back to the design and changed some things. I will be posting a new PnP here in about a week with an update rule set.

The new rule set is very similar but uses far fewer cubes. In a single player vs 1 AI player game you will still use about 80 cubes and 30-40 3-voter tokens. In a single player vs 2 AI players you will use 50-60 cubes and ~30 3-voter tokens.

I will comment on this thread when the new rules are uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
ondfly123 wrote:
This is an issue that was continuously coming up. So we went back to the design and changed some things. I will be posting a new PnP here in about a week with an update rule set.

The new rule set is very similar but uses far fewer cubes. In a single player vs 1 AI player game you will still use about 80 cubes and 30-40 3-voter tokens. In a single player vs 2 AI players you will use 50-60 cubes and ~30 3-voter tokens.

I will comment on this thread when the new rules are uploaded.

Sounds good, Jeff. I had played a second game. And tweaked the set up, where I only placed one cube on each of the states. Then when the A.I. cards told me to place 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 cubes, I only placed half the amount of cubes, and that seemed to work well. In that game, Me vs 2 'bots, I lost to the Republicans, but it was close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cornelius
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated the solo play rules and PnP.

You can download the new set here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132702/campaign-trail...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
ondfly123 wrote:
I have updated the solo play rules and PnP.

You can download the new set here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132702/campaign-trail...

Wow, this looks great. Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.