Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mb
My family will be moving next week... #movingsucks

I'll be working remotely with LogMein.

Is there a free chat that is reliable that allows multiple users talk to one another?

So, I can put it on my computer at home and several computers in the office here so we can all talk.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the kind of chat you are looking for. The development team I work on use slack.com quite heavily.

There is a free tier, which has worked fine for out team; it only stores 10k messages at a time, and has some other restrictions that haven't affected us yet. There are also paid tiers which add more features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always just take over Chit Chat. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Depends on the kind of chat you are looking for. The development team I work on use slack.com quite heavily.

There is a free tier, which has worked fine for out team; it only stores 10k messages at a time, and has some other restrictions that haven't affected us yet. There are also paid tiers which add more features.

Is this downloadable or online?

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
IRC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

It's a downloadable client for the desktop or phone etc. We use slack extensively at work (across multiple studios) & it's awesome.

It's effectively a modern IRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are literally looking for just group 'chat' (text), then even Facebook works fine for that. Web-based, too, so no need to do anything else.

If looking for voice, I believe the free version of Google Hangouts works okay - again, all web-based, so nothing to install. It's no GoToMeeting, but...well, it's also free, so...you get what you pay for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think I've ever remotely worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
if you'll be connecting via VPN & your company uses the Microsoft office suite, Lync works really well & is integrated with Exchange calendar & contacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Discord might work for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Anyone else wonder whether "working remotely at work" meant working a second job while at the first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

It's a downloadable client for the desktop or phone etc. We use slack extensively at work (across multiple studios) & it's awesome.

You can actually use it in a browser without having to download a client app, too (though you can use a client app as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
fenners wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

You can actually use it in a browser without having to download a client app, too (though you can use a client app as well).

Awesome, all set up at work.

Thanks!

We're a small company and FB isn't really a good fit for everyone.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're moving again? Didn't you just move recently?

I must have missed the memo.....uh, why are you moving?

And not to Florida?

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:
You're moving again? Didn't you just move recently?

I must have missed the memo.....uh, why are you moving?

Yeah, long story...

suffice to say, movingsucks

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Love slack. We don't use it at work. May need a RR Gamer room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.