Subject: Quick tip for assembling Deep One Hybrids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't push them all the way into their little holes on the bases. You'll rip the token's face when you insert it.

Speaking from experience, here :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this problem with cultists in first edition. My tips from experience.

1) Feel free to push figures in all the way, but then use an exact-o or utility knife (or even sharp nail clippers) to cut any excess length that protrudes on the under side.

2) If you glue your figures in place, let glue dry, then refer to tip 1 for dealing with any excess.

3) Insert monster tokens last

4) Try not to worry too much about damaged faces to monster tokens. When they are in the bases you cannot see them anyway. (Hard for those of us who want their games to be nice...like myself... but remember, a game in absolute pristine condition is a game that doesn't get played enough).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe clip/file down the bottom of the pegs a little, so they don't poke through the underside as much.

I'm noticing quite a lot of flash/mould lines on the figures in general. I'd normally not bother cleaning it up until I get round to painting (more a case of "if" than "when" these days!)

But with these guys, I'm thinking it'll be needed BEFORE putting them together & slotting the tokens in... for both the bases (round the peg holes & token slots) and at least just round the pegs on the figures themselves,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both of you, but I thought it best to point this out in case someone reads before assembling. Sadly, I have a monster called a Dee e Hybrid now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had real trouble getting those tokens in but then I found the solution. I used a 2 pence coin and applied pressure gradually to the end of the token and it pushed all the way in. No ripping or anything. It did start to hurt my thumbs after a bit though but they squeezed in fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.