Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm not the only BOC fan around here.

The originator of Blue Oyster Cult, lyricist, producer, manager of many bands and albums has passed away last week at 72 due to complications from pnumonia.

Thanks you Sandy for making my life better all these years

He wrote more than half the lyrics for BOC's first 3 albums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I'm glad he helped BOC, because he ruined my favorite band's second album ('Give Em Enough Rope' by The Clash.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sad to hear that as well. My folkie brother in law gave me Blue Oyster Cults first album as a joke and I became a big fan. I saw them several times. Always a good show. Awhile back I reverted my very first BGG avatar, the BOC logo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
fightcitymayor wrote:
I'm glad he helped BOC, because he ruined my favorite band's second album ('Give Em Enough Rope' by The Clash.)

It's like you read my mind.

I have a collection of live recordings from that period that were used for the film "rudeboy"; many of them are just snippets or what have you, but they leave everything on that album for dead.

RIP all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What's noteworthy about Sandy Pearlman is that he had an idea for something different in his head, a new flavor of music that hadn't been heard before, and then he found and worked with the best team to bring that idea to light.

There's simply no other band quite like Blue Öyster Cult, and from the first song I heard, at the very beginning of their national fame, they changed my whole perspective on heavy rock'n'roll.

Blue Öyster Cult, October 1972, Raleigh NC

Here's to Sandy Pearlman for having that vision, and having the drive, to bring us something new and turn us into lifelong fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.