Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Comprehensive list of Mare Nostrum Products rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A couple of questions about the components and rules. I have put together a list of MNE products and would like to know if this is complete?

Also, are there any differences between the retail version that will be produced and the Kickstarter versions? This is not a gripe thread, I just want to know what products are needed if someone wants all the official products currently scheduled for production.

- Base game
- Atlas expansion
- Clay poker chips resource tokens
- Miniature buildings set
- Larger map (printed on mouse pad material)

- Theseus Promo card - Not available for purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your list is missing the Ariane and Minotaur Kickstarter exclusive heroes and the War and Peace markers (also Kickstarter exclusive and not really needed). The War and Peace markers have not yet arrived to US Kickstarter backers.

The only things that were in the Kickstarter edition that are not in the retail edition and Atlas expansion are the 3 heroes and the War and Peace markers.

The larger map was done in a small print run and could sell out soon. There were no plans for a second run as far as I know, so this could soon be unavailable. It is not really needed to play the game, but it can be fun to use if you have a large enough table (you need about 3x6 feet for this map to work.)

The Resource tokens and Buildings just make the game slightly more fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Are the heroes and Minotaur just bits (i.e. markers) or do they include cards and rules associated with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theseus, Ariane, and the Minotaur are Hero tiles - the rules are publicly available.
If you are playing the game with all heroes/wonders available, you can print out your own copy of these heroes if you want.
If you are playing the 5 heroes/wonders available variant, you could possibly use 3 heroes or wonders not in the game to represent these heroes.

They are not strictly necessary, but could add a little extra to the game.

The War and Peace markers are just tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures that show the current game out at retail vs what you get in the Kickstarter version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
Pictures that show the current game out at retail vs what you get in the Kickstarter version?

No point - except for the 3 heroes and the war/peace markers, the retail version + Atlas expansion is exactly the same as the kickstarter version - the kickstarter backers just got the expansion for free.

The only real differences in components are the add-ons, which are also available separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloads including photos and rules for the exclusive pieces are supposed to be posted on the Academy Games site soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bérubé
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the game on Kickstarter (went all-in with add-ons) and received my pledge today, which reminded me of an item to add to your list. I paid a little extra for a limited edition signature decal for my base game box but it appears to be missing. The box looks the same as a retail game.

Also, the large map is missing.

Anyone else in the same position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, regarding the large map; however, I was advised that it will ship separately and soon .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Ardron
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
I can confirm the large map is shipping... I got it today near toronto. As to the signed decal did you look closely in the packing material in the shipping box? I almost threw mine out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.