Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mbmbmb
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/zombicide-franchise-acquir...

Tabletop Gaming News wrote:
CMON has picked up the branding and intellectual property rights for Zombicide from Guillotine Games. The two companies have been working hand-in-hand all up to this point bringing you Zombicide, with CMON producing and distributing the game. Now they’re going to be even tighter as the franchise moves forward.

The director of Guillotine Games, David Preti, will also become the new Creative Director at CMON Limited. He’s said, “I’m pleased to see Zombicide in the hands of CMON, and I’m excited for my new role in the company while continuing to bring new, great Guillotine Games titles to gamers.”

CMON and Guillotine have had quite a winning formula for Zombicide, having raised over $10 million over the course of the various Kickstarter projects they’ve run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great. as long as they come up with something fresh each time i'm all in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but if the game designers of GG arent aboard it wont be the same as i think they wont be involved then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davej360 wrote:
That's interesting. Not sure if anything will actuall change much from the consumer side.

This has got to at least mean that CMON wants to release more product, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericdrum wrote:
Davej360 wrote:
That's interesting. Not sure if anything will actuall change much from the consumer side.

This has got to at least mean that CMON wants to release more product, right?

I believe so. And I also think they are going to expand the brand to other game types. Not just as a light tactical miniatures board game.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if they will take the improvements that are in Black Plague and release a second edition of Zombicide? I have Z:BP and am very happy with the changes that were made, regarding the dashboards and rules updates, as well as the colored base covers for the survivors.

I would love to pick up Zombicide, as I'm interested in a zombie apocalypse game set in present day; but, I'm afraid I wouldn't care much for it in its current version. The survivor cards especially don't seem very user friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
I wonder if they will take the improvements that are in Black Plague and release a second edition of Zombicide? I have Z:BP and am very happy with the changes that were made, regarding the dashboards and rules updates, as well as the colored base covers for the survivors.

I would love to pick up Zombicide, as I'm interested in a zombie apocalypse game set in present day; but, I'm afraid I wouldn't care much for it in its current version. The survivor cards especially don't seem very user friendly.

As someone who has most of the modern ZC stuff, I hope they don't do a second edition, as that'd be something I wouldn't want to buy. Personally I think it would please more people if they released a season 4 that came with some of the BP rules tweaks, and either plastic dashes designed for the original cards, or the new style dashboards with a stretch goal containing all the old ones (much like they did for season 3). I suspect just designing a plastic dashboard for the old style cards would be a far easier solution!

And season 4 would presumably also bring more options and zombie types. And I'd assume some sort of walking spawn point much like BP's necromancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like the updated Spawn rules in Rue Morgue. And slight tweaks they made to the basic system.

While BP is my favorite rules set to use for the game. I prefer the 2 be different in more than the genre. So the difference in rules, especially the fact the BP is more Melee oriented with it's armour saves, keeps the 2 games just different enough for me to enjoy both.

I am for the switch to the BP style dash boards for the modern game.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they could put some dashboards and modified cards of all the survivors into a box and sell it as an upgrade pack. Include a copy of all the rules changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.