Subject: Play report and Team Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got both sets today and so had a few games after work.

Ive posted a review of my thoughts in the Superman section as that was the first one I played.
2 Games of Superman.

Then, have just played 2 games of Batman and then a team game with both.

Game 1 Batman: Score 7 of 18, Valiant, which is essentially 3rd place out of 5, not too shabby
Game 2 Batman: Score 10 of 18, Valiant again but very top-end

I found Batman played very different but no less fun. The possibility of so many more re-rolls than superman made me enjoy him more, though Supermans +1 hit was missed.
Batmans cards were as good as Supermans, I found them a little more useful but lesser damage so it balanced out.

The team game:
This was actually fairly epic for such a short simple quick game, it surprised me a lot compared to the solo game.
In theory it is easier, because you have twice as many heroes but twice as many villains being played so that cancells out, while being able to cross-attack to avoid weaknesses makes 2-player easier.... which in turn is balanced by the lesser villain resistance score of the city. So in theory it should be quite balanced yet in a sence also a little easier.
The reality:
I scored -1 out of 18 argh! Im a nobody, 5th place of 5
While the theory was good, the temptation to team-up against higher power vilains and take them down was strong and the offer of team-tokens was tempting, but then if the roll didnt work and the villain retain, then the following turn resulted in 4 villains in the battleground which almost always busts the city capacity and gets villains escaped into the city which drags down your score massively.
So then I tried more of the cross-attacking (Batman agains Superman-Villains and Superman against Batman-Villains) which works very well but still too many villains had escaped into the city.
The team-tokens are tempting but I think next game I wil try and still aim for a villains each to thin out the numbers.
It was a very good game and with both sets on the table, looked more like my usual board/card games than the small quickie solo setup I had earlier and the number of dice and cards playing 2-handed did make it a bigger effort of thinking.

All in all a lot of fun and very much worth the price.

I look forward to future games and the two upcoming new sets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.