Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
What I wanted to ask is :

If I use a factory card to , lets say, enlist a recruit, do I pay the enlist action as normal but I DO NOT get the appropriate benefits (because you just don't get benefits from factory cards...)

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Skelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You perform the enlist action, but you only pay the cost indicated on the factory card. You don't pay what's on the player mat for that action.

And you're correct, you do not get enlist bonuses from taking the factory action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh...ok ....thank you Chris!
That was fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you use a Factory Card to build, enlist, deploy a mech, or upgrade, that does NOT count toward the bonus your neighbors (or yourself) would receive if they had those correlating recruits enlisted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you and your neighbours do NOT get the bonus, because you've not taken the build/enlist/upgrade etc action. You've been able to build/upgrade etc because you took the FACTORY action.

Presumably you still get the one time bonus when you place your recruit on the other mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. Here's the rule on page 25:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.