$35.00
simon
United Kingdom
Northampton
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With this card

Would the blue automata mech at is home base move all the way to my character +Mechs, near my base. OR would the other automata mech right near to my character be the one to move and attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the one on the home base – how else would you interpret the "nearest to home base" condition? And of course it would not waddle along, but teleport, as the rules explain. The other mech is just providing the necessary neighbourhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one in the home base - Closest unit to home base is the preference of the Automa for moving and attacking, and one that is in the home base is as close to the home base as a unit can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your pictures are sideways and your text is jumbled. Not sure what you are asking but I will give it a shot.

If you read the automa instruction card the blue mech can only move to a valid hex. A valid hex is one that is in the neighbourhood of another automa unit (i.e. next to a mech/worker or on a worker). The hex has to have one of your units on it too.

So to sum up, in order to do the attack move one of your combat units must be adjacent to an automa unit! The automa cannot satisfy these conditions so it would move to the next move on the card which is combat move against worker. It cannot do that either as you don't have any workers adjacent to an automa unit. So it would move to the next move on the card which is factory/encounter. Since the Automa already has a factory card, it would try for an encounter. There is an encounter next to an automa unit (two in fact) so it would use the first tiebreaker (closest to factory) and move the character to the encounter that is two hexes east of the factory.

You have to follow all of the conditions on the automa card. A unit can only move to a "valid hex" so make sure you read on the card what defines a valid hex. One of the conditions that is always present for a "valid hex" is that it must be in the neighbourhood of an automa unit. Your suggested moves above do not satisfy this condition.

Edit: Misinterpreted your question. Please try and make your posts clearer. The other posters are correct in that anything on your home base counts as "closest to home base".

By the way, how did the mech next to your units get so far from the rest of the automa units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
By the way, how did the mech next to your units get so far from the rest of the automa units?

I was about to ask the same thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Mm, I mean I did slightly cut off one of the Automa's units when I was playing from how it got to where it was, but that was at an angle, rather than anything remotely like what the picture shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

It is possible, if it is the only mech on the board (and the home base is empty), that it can leapfrog itself out further, since its own neighbourhood counts towards "valid hex" conditions. But this can only happen if it is the only mech off the player mat. It could also have moved out there when there were more units on hexes behind it that were subsequently forced to retreat, but this doesn't look like the case in this photo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, once again, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If the Automa has both a Mech and its Character on its home base (or on the same hex that is the hex closest to its home base), which unit moves in to attack? The Automa's Character or the Mech?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
If the Automa has both a Mech and its Character on its home base (or on the same hex that is the hex closest to its home base), which unit moves in to attack? The Automa's Character or the Mech?

This is a good question that the rules do not answer. I am almost positive one of the developers ruled it as the character first.

*edit*
Well, I found a ruling on PLACING a new character/mech on the board from the faction mat, but not on which one to move. I'd guess it's the same way but hopefully an Automa developer will chime in again.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23267383#23267383
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. The character will go first in that situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
That is correct. The character will go first in that situation.

I found a link with your ruling on the other situation, but I was too slow to edit. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thank you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
Thanks, once again, everyone!

Yeah, I've been away on vacation for three weeks and have started to catch up, and it's been great to see how helpful all of you have been in answering Automa questions.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.