Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wasn't expecting rules of crossover with Heroes Legendary, I was surprised that there wasn't even mention of crossover with other Encounters games. At all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Something in the hitpoints refers to using other Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Something in the hitpoints refers to using other Legendary.

Game Setup: Avatars wrote:
Your Avatar card stays in front of you during the game.
-Your Health determines how much strike damage it takes to defeat you.
-Your Defense Value is referred to only by specific card effects. (It also comes into play if you mix in other Legendary Encounters games where players can fight each other.)

This is the only mention of adding in other Legendary Encounters Sets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, something under Avatars on page 5 it mentions Defense Value coming into play "if you mix in other Legendary Encounters games where players can fight each other."

I just happened to be reading the rulebook when I saw this post.

My guess is that they recognize it is possible, but they are shying away from outright encouraging people from doing it for thematic or balance issues. Or I could be completely wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timerron wrote:
While I wasn't expecting rules of crossover with Heroes Legendary, I was surprised that there wasn't even mention of crossover with other Encounters games. At all.

I'm not happy about the hulk fists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Jayne could handle facing a face-hugger or chest-burster. I think he'd high tail it out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wayne
msg tools
When you figure the cast of Alien: Resurrection was the proto-type crew Whedon used for Firefly, it was begging for a crossover.

We took the Firefly crew onto the Auriga and made a go of it. Lost both times, but it was close. Newborn shredded us the first game, Mal died to a chestburster the second.

Mechanics wise they actually fit pretty well. No better or worse than the Alien crews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathclawWrex wrote:
When you figure the cast of Alien: Resurrection was the proto-type crew Whedon used for Firefly, it was begging for a crossover.

We took the Firefly crew onto the Auriga and made a go of it. Lost both times, but it was close. Newborn shredded us the first game, Mal died to a chestburster the second.

Mechanics wise they actually fit pretty well. No better or worse than the Alien crews.

Do any of the Serenity crew hero decks include mechanics not found in the other Legendary products? I figure you can't use the Avatars elsewhere because there isn't support for Talents and Flaws (not yet at least), although I imagine Talents are the next iteration of the custom character card and Flaws are facehuggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
DeathclawWrex wrote:

Do any of the Serenity crew hero decks include mechanics not found in the other Legendary products? I figure you can't use the Avatars elsewhere because there isn't support for Talents and Flaws (not yet at least), although I imagine Talents are the next iteration of the custom character card and Flaws are facehuggers.

Flaws are not as deadly as facehuggers, so you can house rule it where everyone gets a flaw when an event or hazard occurs.

The hero cards do reference some other things not found in other Encounters games, such as the Inevitable enemy (just swap it for the Final Alien/Predator) and the ship strikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.